• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Rounding upper back

P

ptahm22

I have trouble keeping my upper back from rounding when I deadlift. This is even an issue at light weight. I have seen people say I should worry about this, and others that say don't worry about it. I know part of the issue is flexibility, I can't keep my back flat much past about 45 degrees when I am bending over with straight legs.

My question is two parts:

1. Should I worry about my upper back rounding when I dead lift
2. If I should worry about my upper back, what do I need to do to correct the rounding upper back issues.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

I have trouble keeping my upper back from rounding when I deadlift. This is even an issue at light weight. I have seen people say I should worry about this, and others that say don't worry about it. I know part of the issue is flexibility, I can't keep my back flat much past about 45 degrees when I am bending over with straight legs.

My question is two parts:

1. Should I worry about my upper back rounding when I dead lift
2. If I should worry about my upper back, what do I need to do to correct the rounding upper back issues.

I would work on you flexibility to fix the rounding. Better safe than sorry.