Register

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Daily water intake

A normal person who doesn't much exercise needs aboyt 3L of daily water requirement for optimal bodily processes.

What about a bodybuilder? Does this limit vary as they are working out more than the others also are therefore loosing more water and so are more prone to dehydration.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Daily water intake

Three liters of water @Decentlady? I've always heard 1.5 liters, and let me tell you that most people don't drink that. Sure, a bodybuilder or anyone doing sports can certainly need 1.5 to 3 liters with no problems, but not the average guy I believe.

Banned
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is one where it is certainly just better safe than sorry and I always just heir on the side of caution here. Those days when I do not get the right amount though, you can tell with the headaches I get.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by to7update View Post
    Three liters of water @Decentlady? I've always heard 1.5 liters, and let me tell you that most people don't drink that. Sure, a bodybuilder or anyone doing sports can certainly need 1.5 to 3 liters with no problems, but not the average guy I believe.
    "Now the Institute of Medicine sets general guidelines for total water intake. It recommends that women consume a total of 91 ounces (that's about 2.7 liters) per day from all food and beverages combined. For men, it's about 125 ounces a day (or 3.7 liters)." http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/leigh-vinocur-md-facep/how-much-water-do-you-really-need

That's just one of the citations for referance value of daily water requirement.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

OK, but that's from all food and beverages combined, so that's something different of drinking 3 liters of water by itself. Most foods have loads of water, and we drink other things apart from water, so it's fairly easy to reach that value. Just think about fruit or vegetable, soup and so on, all of these have plenty of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Decentlady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by to7update View Post
    "Now the Institute of Medicine sets general guidelines for total water intake. It recommends that women consume a total of 91 ounces (that's about 2.7 liters) per day – from all food and beverages combined. For men, it's about 125 ounces a day (or 3.7 liters)." http://www.doctoroz.com/blog/leigh-v...ou-really-need

That's just one of the citations for referance value of daily water requirement.

Height
    5' 9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Daily water intake

I personally do half a gallon to a gallon a day.

Naturalbodybuilder.com - Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Information.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I have recently noticed that I have been drinking only about 5 glasses of water daily which includes juice and soda. I have been observing my water intake because I was experiencing back pains that may be related to kidney stones. I was wondering why my water intake is that low. My wife opined that I have no physical activities lately. Perhaps she is right because when I was playing basketball, I would be drinking 3 glasses of water in 1 hour of playing. That means more water is needed when you are in a workout.

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

[QUOTE=to7update;3205061]OK, but that's from all food and beverages combined, so that's something different of drinking 3 liters of water by itself. Most foods have loads of water, and we drink other things apart from water, so it's fairly easy to reach that value. Just think about fruit or vegetable, soup and so on, all of these have plenty of water.

You are right but most full time working people miss out on other food/drinks with higher water content unless of course it is a hot season. Therefore, banking on water for major part of hydration is also a good idea.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I try and get a gallon if I'm taking any orals.

GrAnabolic.is

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah, no question about that. When I am at work I always have a 1.5 liters of water bottle next to my and I drink throughout the day, but it takes me at least a couple of days to finish it off. In the summer I drink a lot more obviously.

Height
    6'1/2"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I try to get at least a Gallon a day.
    But when the Summer comes, and I'm in the Heat, it can easily go over 1 1/2 Gallons.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with Dr. Michael Eades, who wrote the Protein Power Books, along with his wife, Mary Dan Eades M.D.

Someone asked him that question, and his answer was, "Drink till you Float".

TalkAdmin/MuscleMecca TalkAdmin's Avatar
    Height
    5'8
    Weight
    175lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by jp1234 View Post
    I try to get at least a Gallon a day.
    But when the Summer comes, and I'm in the Heat, it can easily go over 1 1/2 Gallons.

Don't know if anyone is familiar with Dr. Michael Eades, who wrote the Protein Power Books, along with his wife, Mary Dan Eades M.D.

Someone asked him that question, and his answer was, "Drink till you Float".
    His answer sound sort of like a saying I used to hear in high school.. "Party till you puke".. lol

Please do your best to support our awesome sponsors!

Contact Me To Buy musclemecca Apparel!

Follow Musclemecca Bodybuilding Forums:
    https://www.facebook.com/MuscleMeccaForums/
    http://www.twitter.com/MuscleMecca
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MuscleMeccaVideo/videos
    https://www.instagram.com/musclemeccabodybuilding/

If you see a post you like don't be lazy, hit the thank you button!

Mecca Maniac
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think 3 its good bro

Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I think it depends on the weather/climate and activity. If your in a tropical country at summer and you're working out at the gym or just travelling at daytime then you tend to drink more than 12 glasses of water. My average during summer months is about 16 glasses a day if I'm travelling or working out at the gym, but if I'm idle at home then it's about 10-12 glasses a day. In colder weather like rainy season, I tend to drink between 8-10 glasses of water or liquid drinks per day this includes coffee, juices and sodas.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Yeah, the climate and activity do influence a lot, so the warmer it is and more active we are, the more water we need to drink.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I never really monitored how much water I take per day, but I drink a lot, never knew that it is somehow essential. What happens if you take too much? Will your kidneys be compromised? Well, from now on I'll count how many liters I consume since most of the time I use a 1-liter canister with me while working.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

You should drink around 8 glasses of water, that is about a half of gallon of water a day, and even drinking a glass of water before you eat, makes you feel full and helps with even eating less. Dehydration is a big cause of kidney stones as well, so make sure you drink plenty of water.

Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    I never really monitored how much water I take per day, but I drink a lot, never knew that it is somehow essential. What happens if you take too much? Will your kidneys be compromised? Well, from now on I'll count how many liters I consume since most of the time I use a 1-liter canister with me while working.
    I don't think there is a negative effect on the body when you drink water excessively except that you go to the bathroom often. Our urologist said that water is a cleansing agent and it is better to drink more than the prescribed quantity. At least you are assured that you are not dehydrated at times especially when the weather is warm.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions