• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How to have a strong chin?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This strong chin is inborn or natural, meaning you don’t get knocked out easily as if your chin can withstand strong punches. But one fight moderator in UFC said that a strong chin can be built by constant training. He did not elaborate so I am kept guessing with the issue. What I know is the strong abdomen because I have seen the video of Manny Pacquiao’s training. His trainer holds a wooden plank that he uses to hit the tummy of Pacquiao. He said that it would condition the tummy to weather the punches of the opponent. So maybe for a strong chin, the same training is given by hitting the chin with a strong punch?

P

pwarbi

Personally I don't think that a strong chin can be trained, and it really is just luck of the draw if you are born with one or not. Amir Kahn is a boxer that is well know to have a weak chin, and in his first few fights he was beating opponents with his speed and because of that, didn't get hit clean, so was winning easily. The first time he did get hit though it was clear that he was going to be in trouble, and no matter how many times he came out and said it was a lucky shot, it was clear that it wasn't.

Since then it seems that every time he has been caught with a clean shot to his chin it's been over and he's not been able to recover in time to make the count. There was rumours at one point that he was trying to strengthen his chin in training but then in his next fight he came out and got knocked out again by a punch that wasn't all that. If he DID do the chin strengthening then it obviously didn't work, put it that way!

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Really interesting question... I don't know if it's an anatomic matter or not, but genetics certainly play a role here. Now, how training can develop a strong chin? I really can't say, getting beaten over and over makes it stronger?

P

pwarbi

I'd tend to think the opposite to be honest, and getting beaten and hit on your jawbone and chin will actually make it weaker I would have thought but I'm no expert on the matter of course. You may get used to the effects of being knocked out and you'll be able to recover slightly quicker (because you know what's happened so it won't come as so much of a shock) but the actual getting knocked out part I wouldn't have thought you would get used to as it just happens in a flash.

It sounds like I'm picking on Kahn as I keep using him as an example, but when you look at most of his fights he's been dominating and winning then all of a sudden, one hit and as soon as he goes down you can see he isn't going to get back up. It doesn't take him as long to recover as it used to, but the actual knockdown itself is still shocking for him.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You might have a point there, the more we get hit, the weaker we can get? To be honest I really can't tell, but the fact is that some fighters hold punches a lot better than others.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Unfortunately we do not all have a chin like Randall Tex Cobb. Lol

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Let's analyse a bit. Chin translates to jawline which can be huge and strong in acromegaly. That is secondary to excess in growth hormone. So if you are looking to increase the jawline strength IDEALLY you can go for GH. However, remember, GH is not target specific so be ready to grow other parts of your body too. Another thing to wonder is, would GH really work for an adult? The GH works best before the fusion of bone plates which is max during teenages.

P

pwarbi

As you say I don't think that anything we take or train can be targeted directly at a specific area when it comes to trying to increase the stamina of our bodies. If you are born with a weak chin then you are born with a weak chin. That doesn't mean that you can't be a successful boxer, but it does mean that you are going to be stepping into the ring at a disadvantage already, and in any form of combat sports the mental aspect is vital.

If you enter a fight knowing that you have to protect your chin then you aren't going to be as offensive as you can be, and that in turn will hold you back from wining, even if you are more skillful than your opponent.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, it's all about the body structure, and when we say chin we have to say neck and back because the chin will be stronger if we have a good neck and back to support it.