• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Do you need a doctor’s checkup before indulging in body building?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember when my older brother had made a barbell and aspired to build muscles. He was around 18 at that time. My father said that body building is not just like that, it needs a program to lift weights otherwise you can get sick. And my father cited one neighbor who was into building and abruptly stopped. He had grown skinny and later on we heard that he was sick (I think it is his lungs). Do an adult needs to see a doctor for a checkup before proceeding with a body building program or is a coach required?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most definitely yes. Before embarking on to any exercise or diet regimen especially that heavy it is adviced to consult your doctor.

You may be suprised that despite being totally fit/asymptomTic from outside many people have hidden problems that are just waiting to be tipped off towards frank permanent disabilities.

tcinbc66

tcinbc66

Most will not put health screening and hitting the weights together. That being said, like yourcar, your finances and everything else you care about if you don't get an outside opinion to see how things are going it could be a huge mess waiting to happen

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Yes especially if you are older or have not worked out for awhile