• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Supplement store owner arrested for saleing superdrol .

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

Abingdon, Virginia--A federal judge in Virginia sentenced a Skaneateles businessman Monday for packaging an anabolic steroid as a "nutritional supplement" when it was a dangerous drug, federal officials said.

U.S. District Judge James P. Jones sentenced Matthew Greacen, 50, the former president and owner of Nature's Chemistry, LLC, 4022 Mills Road, Skaneateles, to probation and ordered him to forefeit $55,000.

He and company vice president James W. Mills were accused of manufacturing capsules of Superdrol, an anabolic steroid, and packaging them into 44,982 bottles at the Skaneateles company in 2011.

The two were part of an operation involving several other people that illegally imported raw drug powder from China to the Danville, Virginia area, the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Western District of Virginia said. The powders were shipped to various locations around the United States, including Skaneateles.

The illegal product contained methasterone, commonly known as Superdrol, which the government said in its indictment is a "designer steroid." The product was illegally marketed as a nutritional supplement when, in fact, it was a dangerous drug, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Anabolic steroids are used to build up muscle. Some athletes and bodybuilders abuse the drugs to boost performance or improve their physical appearance.

Greacen pleaded guilty in November to misbranding a drug and impeding the Food and Drug Administration in its function of regulating drugs. Judge Jones sentenced Greacen to two years probation, including four months that he will spend confined to his home, and ordered him to forfeit the $55,000.

Mills, 50, also of Skaneateles and a former Syracuse Police detective, pleaded guilty in September to misbranding and impeding the FDA's investigation into the drug. He was sentenced by Judge Jones on Jan.9, to two years probation and was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine.

Mills who pleaded guilty in 2009 to perjury and resigned from the Syracuse Police Department. As part of the plea agreement with the federal government, Mills agreed to an enhancement in his sentencing guideline level for obstruction of justice based on his false testimony before a federal grand jury, the U.S. Attorney's Office said.

Mills falsely testified about his knowledge of Superdrol and the large cash payment involved in the deal, the office said. He also falsely testified that he had retired on good terms from the Syracuse Police Department when, in fact, he resigned pursuant to plea negotiations concerning another perjury investigation, the office said

Last edited by a moderator:
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is very bad news for the sector because these guys who are dishonest give a bad reputation to all the serious sellers out there, that are honest in what they do. I hope he gets all the punishment he deserves because he is endangering people's health.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

That is true if he is not telling the guys what's in it .esp of a female buys it to try out.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fucked up but usually guys are doing it the other way around and selling supplements and saying they are steroids.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Makes you kinda wonder how many other people are doing stuff like this and have not gotten caught.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most likely quite a few of them, and that is why some sort of certification is the way to get rid of these guys that give a bad name to the business.

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Reminds me of when I first started lifting. I weighed about 135 back then and bought every supplement the guy at the gnc store said would get me to where I wanted to be. Months later I wAs about 165 I see and old friend who I clan remember being a lifelong steroid user at least since highschool so for over a decade but he aske me what supplements I had been taking and I said protein creative preworkout bcaa's glutamine you know the good stuff and he goes no bro really what are you taking. Only later did we did we find out these supplement companies were dosing their stuff with anabolics

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying @CRobin, without certification many times we don't have a clue what we are taking!

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just spoke to a colleague and he used to take trenabol back when you could buyem from the supplement shops and he was telling me him and his buddies were taking that stuff at 18 and never knew what pct was or nolva or none of that stuff. He ended up with serious gyno and had to have surgery.