• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Building leg muscles

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have tgis rather slim forearm, weak wrists and legs. Are there any exercises that can increase the girth of forearm or leg. I don't want calf-only-enhancing exercises please.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
To build muscle in those areas you need to make specific exercises, so if you are going to the gym nothing like asking the staff there. If you are doing it on your own, the bike is the best to build muscle on the legs.

R

rz3300

Banned
This is one where I was really worried that my move to more desk job would really hurt me, and it kind of has, but there are little ways to get around that. I guess I just make up for it more by just going more at the gym, which is unfortunate but necessary.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am in the same boat. I have thin limbs due to genetics because I have noticed the same physical structure in the older generation of my family. When I was playing basketball, our coach said that those with big leg muscles can jump higher. And to develop ourl leg muscles, he taught us to exercise our leg on the stairs. After positioning my toes on the edge of the stair’s step, I would balance my body by moving up and down which makes the toes hold my entire weight. That exercise is supposed to build leg muscles.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am in the same boat. I have thin limbs due to genetics because I have noticed the same physical structure in the older generation of my family. When I was playing basketball, our coach said that those with big leg muscles can jump higher. And to develop ourl leg muscles, he taught us to exercise our leg on the stairs. After positioning my toes on the edge of the stair’s step, I would balance my body by moving up and down which makes the toes hold my entire weight. That exercise is supposed to build leg muscles.

Thanks @Alexandoy that particular exercise helps build up the calf muscles but doesnt really help.in the shin girth. I was doing that before but it only targets cald muscle something which is quite malish in my opinion.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You could try wearing some ankle weights to build your legs up, because they can intensify workouts and cardio as well. Adding these weights to your workouts can help you build muscles in the legs, which can make them grow bigger.

F

FitMDCoach

The best way to do this would be to make sure you’re incorporating progressive overload and progressive tension into your routine. This is something most everyone neglects in their protocol. You have to be obsessing over the RIGHT things in your pursuit to grow lean dense tissue. Make sure your contractions are getting harder and harder every session and adding weight to the bar every single session or you will not grow big. Nothing can beat heavy compound movements (sumo deadlifts, squats, barbell lunges, etc...). Size and strength are both relative. If you need help with anything man, definitely message me and I’d be glad to help. This is what I LOVE and that’s why I do it for a living :)

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you want to get the best result when it comes to improving your arms and leg muscles, I would recommend that you get enrolled in the gym. Don't workout on your own at, you need professional assistance to get the best out of your routine and do it right in order to get the best output.

S

SolidSa

After proper warm-up, try to add Plyometric workouts to your leg day. Explosive and plyometric workouts can sometime help you to break your ceiling and would help you build stronger thigh and would also get good body balance.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have tgis rather slim forearm, weak wrists and legs. Are there any exercises that can increase the girth of forearm or leg. I don't want calf-only-enhancing exercises please.
I assume you are a lady from your username. Wearing heels frequently makes women's legs to build muscles. That's a natural way to have muscles on the legs.

Lifting things especially when doing house chores will make the muscles on the hands to grow. But eating well will help every part of the body to grow naturally.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff