Does rice makes us flabby?
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Does rice makes us flabby?

What I mean by flabby is more flesh and less muscle. Since I was a boy, I have been hearing that rice makes people flabby thatís why my parents would urge me to eat more rice because I was a skinny lad. But since I was very active then and maybe my metabolism is dynamic so rice had no effect on me. But now that I am a senior, I have cut down on rice because it is getting obvious that I am flabby.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation ArnoldS's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Does rice makes us flabby?

Rice is carbohydrates and if you don't burn those carbs you will get flabby.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

True @ Arnorld. I am a rice eater and I put on significantly in just one week if I eat rice atleast twice a day so I have cut down on it tremendously.

MuscleMecca Sponsors
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation johnjohn's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Rice and bread are both high in carbs and it doesn't take long for either to put the weight on with me.

GrAnabolic.is

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

If we are eating rice, we need to burn it. Brown rice might be healthier, but it's not as tasty, so if we consume it in moderation and we do our work out, I don't think we will have any issues.

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

White rice twice a day where I live. It all depends on my metabolism.

Grateful member!!!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Muscle mechanic View Post
    You may have a point. It is indeed about metabolism. Because I recall previously I used to eat like hell anything and everytging but never put on weight because I was highly active. Now its a different story.

Member bodybuilding reputation naturalbodybuilder's Avatar
    Height
    5' 9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

If you overspill with your carbohydrate intake whether it be rice, potatoes or any other concentrated source of carbs the excess with convert to fat. There is only so much the muscle can store as glycogen. Typically after workouts or in the morning it is not a problem since you are carb depleted. Or if you have be going low carb for 2 days or so.

Naturalbodybuilder.com - Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Information.

Mecca V.I.P.
    bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Muscle mechanic's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Decentlady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muscle mechanic View Post
    You may have a point. It is indeed about metabolism. Because I recall previously I used to eat like hell anything and everytging but never put on weight because I was highly active. Now its a different story.
    What ever the deal is, sometimes I can eat unbelievable amounts of carbs and all of my children's snack and not gain a pound. Sure I believe in the rule of thumb with calories and carbs I live by it and preach them but there are times in my life that I am a total exception to this rule. Don't ask me what happens to it I don't know.
    Right now since last summer I broke 10% bf for first time in 4 years. I am prolly around 13-14% right now and going back to this rule of thumb to get to 10%.
    For the past 5 years it didn't apply to me at all. Lol!

Grateful member!!!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

No, rice alone will not make you fat unless you eat lots of it or pair it with fried foods or high-fat sauces, and watch your portion sizes as well. If you look at Chinese and Japanese cooking where rice is a staple in the diet - the citizens of these countries tend to be both leaner and healthier than Americans when it comes to heart disease.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldS View Post
    Rice is carbohydrates and if you don't burn those carbs you will get flabby.
    This. To stay fit and never have loose skin especially in your arms and belly, you need to work out. You do not have to lift a hefty amount of weight. However, you're going to have to engage your body in a way that does more to build and reconstruct muscle than to only burn it off.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

My wife is recently advised to lose weight because of her high cholesterol and hypertension. She is now into "no-rice" diet to hasten her weight loss. But she eats normally with the volume. I have noticed that there seems to be no change in her weight. Perhaps she needs more exercise?

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandoy View Post
    What I mean by flabby is more flesh and less muscle. Since I was a boy, I have been hearing that rice makes people flabby thatís why my parents would urge me to eat more rice because I was a skinny lad. But since I was very active then and maybe my metabolism is dynamic so rice had no effect on me. But now that I am a senior, I have cut down on rice because it is getting obvious that I am flabby.
    It really depends on your activity because rice when eaten in right portions will give us energy and vitamins that our body needs. Although it's not suitable for people with high sugar levels because of its high glycemic index. It's like any other food, eat too much of it couple with poor exercise to burn it then it would result to weight gain.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions