• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Does rice makes us flabby?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I mean by flabby is more flesh and less muscle. Since I was a boy, I have been hearing that rice makes people flabby that’s why my parents would urge me to eat more rice because I was a skinny lad. But since I was very active then and maybe my metabolism is dynamic so rice had no effect on me. But now that I am a senior, I have cut down on rice because it is getting obvious that I am flabby.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rice is carbohydrates and if you don't burn those carbs you will get flabby.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True @ Arnorld. I am a rice eater and I put on significantly in just one week if I eat rice atleast twice a day so I have cut down on it tremendously.

johnjohn

johnjohn

Rice and bread are both high in carbs and it doesn't take long for either to put the weight on with me.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If we are eating rice, we need to burn it. Brown rice might be healthier, but it's not as tasty, so if we consume it in moderation and we do our work out, I don't think we will have any issues.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
White rice twice a day where I live. It all depends on my metabolism.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

You may have a point. It is indeed about metabolism. Because I recall previously I used to eat like hell anything and everytging but never put on weight because I was highly active. Now its a different story.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

If you overspill with your carbohydrate intake whether it be rice, potatoes or any other concentrated source of carbs the excess with convert to fat. There is only so much the muscle can store as glycogen. Typically after workouts or in the morning it is not a problem since you are carb depleted. Or if you have be going low carb for 2 days or so.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor

You may have a point. It is indeed about metabolism. Because I recall previously I used to eat like hell anything and everytging but never put on weight because I was highly active. Now its a different story.
What ever the deal is, sometimes I can eat unbelievable amounts of carbs and all of my children's snack and not gain a pound. Sure I believe in the rule of thumb with calories and carbs I live by it and preach them but there are times in my life that I am a total exception to this rule. Don't ask me what happens to it I don't know.
Right now since last summer I broke 10% bf for first time in 4 years. I am prolly around 13-14% right now and going back to this rule of thumb to get to 10%.
For the past 5 years it didn't apply to me at all. Lol!

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No, rice alone will not make you fat unless you eat lots of it or pair it with fried foods or high-fat sauces, and watch your portion sizes as well. If you look at Chinese and Japanese cooking where rice is a staple in the diet - the citizens of these countries tend to be both leaner and healthier than Americans when it comes to heart disease.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Rice is carbohydrates and if you don't burn those carbs you will get flabby.

This. To stay fit and never have loose skin especially in your arms and belly, you need to work out. You do not have to lift a hefty amount of weight. However, you're going to have to engage your body in a way that does more to build and reconstruct muscle than to only burn it off.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My wife is recently advised to lose weight because of her high cholesterol and hypertension. She is now into "no-rice" diet to hasten her weight loss. But she eats normally with the volume. I have noticed that there seems to be no change in her weight. Perhaps she needs more exercise?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

What I mean by flabby is more flesh and less muscle. Since I was a boy, I have been hearing that rice makes people flabby that’s why my parents would urge me to eat more rice because I was a skinny lad. But since I was very active then and maybe my metabolism is dynamic so rice had no effect on me. But now that I am a senior, I have cut down on rice because it is getting obvious that I am flabby.

It really depends on your activity because rice when eaten in right portions will give us energy and vitamins that our body needs. Although it's not suitable for people with high sugar levels because of its high glycemic index. It's like any other food, eat too much of it couple with poor exercise to burn it then it would result to weight gain.