• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How about Pacquiao versus Golovkin?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Admittedly, Gennady Golovkin (also called GGG) is the biggest draw in boxing with his enviable record of 36 wins with 33 knockouts. And Manny Pacquiao still has it in terms of popularity. So if the 2 will be together on the ring, that would be another blockbuster like that Pacquiao-Mayweather fight. However, Golovkin is a puncher like Pacquiao so it will be much different than the luckluster fight of Pacquiao and Mayweather. For sure the punches will be electrifying and who goes first, wins the fight. However, Pacquiao is aiming for a welterweight fight while Golovkin is comfortable in his middleweight category. But I’m sure Pacquiao will do it just for the money – he can up his weight to match that of Golovkin’s category. But for now, that’s only a dream because Manny is planning on Amir Khan who is not as formidable as Golovkin.

P

pwarbi

Well in the last few days it's been announced that Manny will be fighting Khan in April, so all thoughts will be on that fight for now. As for the bigger question as to whether or not Pacquiao will fight Golovkin, even though we have both said in the past that Manny looks for big pay day fights and there's no doubt that this will be a big one, I don't think that even he will be tempted to step into the ring with GGG.

Manny Pacquiao is undoubtedly coming towards the end of his career, and I very much doubt he will want to go out losing a fight, and if he comes up against Golovkin I think there will be only one winner. Manny Pacquiao in his prime would have been a great match for Golovkin, but not now I wouldn't have thought.