• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big boxers are more exciting to watch than small boxers

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heavyweights were always the most popular except during the glory days of Sugar Ray Leonard and Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather. It is more exciting to watch the heavyweight fights because there is the anticipation of a knockout. Big boxers have heavier hands and there is a saying that you cannot discount the lucky punch of a heavyweight. I have seen so many good fighters in the lighter categories but the big punch is missing. But for now, there seems to be no popular heavyweight boxer and I admit that I don’t even know who the heavyweight champion is. Middleweight Gennady Golovkin is even more popular than the heavyweights and, of course, Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather as well.

P

pwarbi

I think a lot depends on the person watching it, and how much of a boxing fan they actually are. For those that are just after seeing a knockout, then the heavyweights are going to be considered more exciting as that's the wight division that can do the most damage. For others though, people who understand that boxing is an art form as well as just a sport, they will be looking at how a fighter moves and defends, not just how he punches so all the weight divisions will be of interest to them.

Some of the lighter boxers can certainly pack a punch as well though if people are only interested in knockouts, and watching some of them shows once and for all that power and strength isn't everything when it comes to boxing, like I think a lot of people assume it is. The lighter weight divisions are still exciting to watch but for other reasons, and for those who haven't watched any I'd certainly recommend it at least once just to see what you've been missing out on.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think a lot depends on the person watching it, and how much of a boxing fan they actually are. For those that are just after seeing a knockout, then the heavyweights are going to be considered more exciting as that's the wight division that can do the most damage. For others though, people who understand that boxing is an art form as well as just a sport, they will be looking at how a fighter moves and defends, not just how he punches so all the weight divisions will be of interest to them.

Some of the lighter boxers can certainly pack a punch as well though if people are only interested in knockouts, and watching some of them shows once and for all that power and strength isn't everything when it comes to boxing, like I think a lot of people assume it is. The lighter weight divisions are still exciting to watch but for other reasons, and for those who haven't watched any I'd certainly recommend it at least once just to see what you've been missing out on.

Thats so well put. I too think that it is spectator's preference. If you are a fan of a particular person due to a particular moves he makes, then you will be sticking to him because of that. So it really depends on what exactly you love the most in a fight.

P

pwarbi

Fighters like Mayweather used to get a lot of criticism due to their defensive performance, but part of boxing is not being hit and being able to defend yourself. It might not provide the best spectacle for the audience, but at the same time we need to understand the tactics behind it. Not every fight can be an all out brawl till one fighter gets knocked out.

If people want excitement then they should stick to WWE and leave boxing and MMA to those that can appreciate what goes in to an actual fight.