• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heavyweights have lesser stamina

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is the common idea that a heavier fighter have shorter stamina. On the contrary, I have seen the classic fight of Joe Frazier and Joe Bugner in 1973. It was a 12 rounder that was resolved by a unanimous decision in favor of Frazier. But the way I saw the fight, it was a slambang affair in the style of Joe Frazier who is a slugger. And although Bugner was counted in the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] due to a strong punch in the jaw, both fighters were slugging it out until the very end. As what the announcer had said, the conditioning of both fighters was very evident in their movement because there was no trace of exhaustion.

P

pwarbi

In years gone by I'm sure we can all recall heavyweight fights that have been action packed for the full 12 rounds, but these days that doesn't happen so much. The heavyweight fighters do seem to have got bigger, and while the training as obviously improved as well, the amount of punishment a boxer takes in a heavyweight fight as also increased and so that means that the body takes a lot more punishment also.

These days your lucky if you can get 8 good rounds of boxing from 2 heavyweights because by the time they have got to the latter rounds, their bodies have already taken more punishment than what a fighter in the past took in a full 12 rounds.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The best heavyweight's with the most stamina are boxers like Jeffries, Marciano, Ali , Frazier, Holmes, and Hollyfield to name a few- also boxers should train with high reps and light weights for the best results.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

This is the common idea that a heavier fighter have shorter stamina. On the contrary, I have seen the classic fight of Joe Frazier and Joe Bugner in 1973. It was a 12 rounder that was resolved by a unanimous decision in favor of Frazier. But the way I saw the fight, it was a slambang affair in the style of Joe Frazier who is a slugger. And although Bugner was counted in the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] due to a strong punch in the jaw, both fighters were slugging it out until the very end. As what the announcer had said, the conditioning of both fighters was very evident in their movement because there was no trace of exhaustion.

Gone where the days when real heavyweights gave boxing fans a hell of a fight. Now it's more of hyping a fight until fight night that usually ends up in a boring non event or a super easy knockout on the first few rounds. I've seen how Ali, Frazier, Hearns, Foreman fought in the glory days of boxing and they had a lot of stamina to last 12-15 rounds. Back then fights where 15 rounders before the boxing commission made it 12 rounds.