• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Workout for seniors

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is a celebrity here who is more than 70 years old but still fit and trim with the help of the gym. He said that he is in the gym everyday for a workout of 3 to 4 hours. He has the good muscles to show. His name is Freddie Webb, a former basketball player who played in the Olympics and also a former senator of the Philippines. He is still into sports as a broadcaster. I sometimes wonder how Mr. Webb could still do that tedious workout of 3 to 4 hours when I myself would die of fatigue if I engage in a 1-hour workout. Is it because he has been in the gym since he was younger? Or maybe he has the genes for that?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Perhaps the first assumption is the correct answer. He has been in gym since a long time and hence the body has adapted to workouts. He has stamina to go on as it has become a norm for the body. As you train your body slowly you too can achieve similar state.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been in this game for over 40 years.
Anything over 2 hours these days for me is Counterproductive, as my rest between sets is Never over 30 seconds.
No matter how heavy I'm going.
And mostly I Superset 2 exercises, like Chest and Back.

So if He's doing straight 3 to 4 hours, anything like me.
My Hat is off to him.

R

rz3300

Banned
That is pretty impressive, and I just really hope that I am anywhere close to be able to do things like that when I am older. I would imagine that just walking will be a big part of my routine, which is a good thing.

naturalbodybuilder

naturalbodybuilder

Depends what you are training for. For endurance and stamina that is fine. For weight training to build muscle more than 3 or 4 days a week is overkill for seniors as well as that many hours. You just do not recover as well when you get older.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is always good for aging seniors to be in the gym to fight off old age - or really be anywhere at that age, as they say(haha). It is always good to see older people in the gym, because as we get older, we decline in muscle mass, strength, and physical endurance, and this can really help.

C

Concentrix

Wow. Incredible. Perhaps, since he was a former basketball player his body get used to exercises. And our body is amazing because it is adaptable. Longer time to workout can make the body get used to it overtime.

Jayson

Jayson

Well, the hours in a gym can be done harshly, medium, or light. I like to think when I go to the gym - I make sure many reps are challenging. Anyway, a light workout at a gym - which to many seems weak, could surely pass 3 hours very easily! O.K., many would be ashamed to workout lightly at a gym - cause they might get teased, but maybe only youth do that!

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've been in this game for over 40 years.Anything over 2 hours these days for me is Counterproductive, as my rest between sets is Never over 30 seconds.No matter how heavy I'm going.And mostly I Superset 2 exercises, like Chest and Back.So if He's doing straight 3 to 4 hours, anything like me.My Hat is off to him.
My concern is the abuse to the body since older bodies are not that durable anymore. What if an injuy happens like a fractured bone? Pulled muscle can also occur with the lifting not to mention swollen muscles. But the worst that can happen is the heart attack that will land you in the hospital.