Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Workout for seniors

There is a celebrity here who is more than 70 years old but still fit and trim with the help of the gym. He said that he is in the gym everyday for a workout of 3 to 4 hours. He has the good muscles to show. His name is Freddie Webb, a former basketball player who played in the Olympics and also a former senator of the Philippines. He is still into sports as a broadcaster. I sometimes wonder how Mr. Webb could still do that tedious workout of 3 to 4 hours when I myself would die of fatigue if I engage in a 1-hour workout. Is it because he has been in the gym since he was younger? Or maybe he has the genes for that?

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Workout for seniors

Perhaps the first assumption is the correct answer. He has been in gym since a long time and hence the body has adapted to workouts. He has stamina to go on as it has become a norm for the body. As you train your body slowly you too can achieve similar state.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation jp1234's Avatar
    Height
    6'1/2"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

I've been in this game for over 40 years.
    Anything over 2 hours these days for me is Counterproductive, as my rest between sets is Never over 30 seconds.
    No matter how heavy I'm going.
    And mostly I Superset 2 exercises, like Chest and Back.

So if He's doing straight 3 to 4 hours, anything like me.
    My Hat is off to him.

Banned bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

That is pretty impressive, and I just really hope that I am anywhere close to be able to do things like that when I am older. I would imagine that just walking will be a big part of my routine, which is a good thing.

Member bodybuilding reputation naturalbodybuilder's Avatar
    Height
    5' 9"
    Weight
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

Depends what you are training for. For endurance and stamina that is fine. For weight training to build muscle more than 3 or 4 days a week is overkill for seniors as well as that many hours. You just do not recover as well when you get older.

Naturalbodybuilder.com - Natural Bodybuilding and Fitness Information.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

This is always good for aging seniors to be in the gym to fight off old age - or really be anywhere at that age, as they say(haha). It is always good to see older people in the gym, because as we get older, we decline in muscle mass, strength, and physical endurance, and this can really help.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Wow. Incredible. Perhaps, since he was a former basketball player his body get used to exercises. And our body is amazing because it is adaptable. Longer time to workout can make the body get used to it overtime.

Junior Member bodybuilding reputation Jayson's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, the hours in a gym can be done harshly, medium, or light. I like to think when I go to the gym - I make sure many reps are challenging. Anyway, a light workout at a gym - which to many seems weak, could surely pass 3 hours very easily! O.K., many would be ashamed to workout lightly at a gym - cause they might get teased, but maybe only youth do that!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Quote Originally Posted by jp1234 View Post
    I've been in this game for over 40 years.Anything over 2 hours these days for me is Counterproductive, as my rest between sets is Never over 30 seconds.No matter how heavy I'm going.And mostly I Superset 2 exercises, like Chest and Back.So if He's doing straight 3 to 4 hours, anything like me.My Hat is off to him.
    My concern is the abuse to the body since older bodies are not that durable anymore. What if an injuy happens like a fractured bone? Pulled muscle can also occur with the lifting not to mention swollen muscles. But the worst that can happen is the heart attack that will land you in the hospital.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions