• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Post injury exercise

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had a bad knee sprain few months ago and had stopped exercising altogether as simple brisk walking or sittin down with bent knees was also very painful.

Now that the pain has subsided I am not sure when to restart treadmill.

Can someone advice?

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have one question.
How do you know it was a Sprain, and you didn't Tear your Meniscus.

Did you see a Doctor, if not, I would do so for Piece of Mind.

While Knee Injuries can be common.
It's always your best option to see a Doctor for a Diagnosis.

And with any Injury, you come back slowly, and most importantly, Listen to your Body.

R

rz3300

Banned
This just immediately makes me think about how important the heating pads and the ice is at times like this. I feel like it makes it that much easier to return to a more normal routine if you can recover better and quicker.

P

ptahm22

How you plan your return will depend on the nature and severity of your injury and the length of time you’ve been out for. First you need to find out are you ready to start running again? And then plan a graded return. It’s all about finding a level your healing tissue can manage and progressing at a speed that allows the body to strengthen and adapt. Remember stressing tissue the right amount (I.e. not excessively) promotes healing.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have a point @ptahm22 about going gradual. Like before the injury I used to wear minimum 3" heels as daily wear. Post injury of course, I had to go flat because a little elevation was giving unbearable pain.

Today after several months I restarted wearing 3" and experience no pain as I walk. I have been brisk walking for several weeks but with flats on.

So I am assuming that I can start treadmill at a lower speed and then may be pump up the speed.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are sure that it was only a sprain and not a fracture or torn ligament then you can start your workout on a light mode for 1 week. Observe how your leg would adjust before you increase your workout. One friend of mine thought he had a sprain. It's good that he had a checkup only to learn that it was a torn quadricep tendon.

P

Pharmacom

Now u shoul to do good warm up befor train if its just sprain