• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

I feel like am loosing focus.

P

ptahm22

What could be causing this? I'm on 2000cal/day, 170/120/80 p/c/f. Allow myself indulgences regularly and fit them in.Lately all I want to do is binge, and I feel like I have no self control over stuff I found easy to control just a few weeks back. Past 4 weeks have been particularly bad with a couple of on days always followed by a day of binging.Can't say life/work environment has changed much or there is more stress. The one thing I did notice is that my focus and motivation in the gym are a bit off due to a niggling discomfort in my left trap/shoulder (don't want to call it injury but enough to irritate me).Any suggestions/tips/advice?

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rest your shoulder, stop binging and stay hydrated.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It may be that the Nagging Discomfort is working on your Sub-Conscious Mind.
And the Binging may be a result of this, as we use food a lot to help elevate Serotonin Levels in the Brain when something is bothering us.
Low Levels of Serotonin can lead to Depression and Binging.
Which can effect your Focus.

I would take some time off and heal.
Taking a few days to a weeks time off, will do you some good.
And if this Shoulder doesn't show signs of improving.
It may be time to see a Doctor, or at least a good Physical Therapist.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
By the way your post looks, it is obvious that you have lost your motivation which ruins your focus on the workout. Think hard why you go on a binge as if dropping the importance of your workout. If you can determine why you have been losing your motivation then you can do something to increase your motivation to your workout and eventually evrything else will be put in order. Again, the problem I see is the motivation and not exactly the loss of focus which is just the effect and not the cause.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Binging may be because you are lacking enough food compared to your exercise.

Again a pain can be a stress factor so look into it. Stay hydrated.