A rematch is usually just a hype
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

A rematch is usually just a hype

With the recent rematch of UFC welterweight champion Tyrone Woodley and Stephen Thompson, much has been given to the hype. Their first fight ended in a majority draw. But that was one hell of a fight with Woodley able to show his knockout punch that downed Thompson. On the other hand, Thompson started peppering Woodley with his lightning-quick punches after recovering from that knockdown. And so the rematch was set. However, the rematch was one hell of a boring fight with both the champion and challenger obviously too cautious giving me the impression that they were scared of each other. The rematch ended in a majority decision for the champion Woodley. Ho-hum, zzzzz.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: A rematch is usually just a hype

Lol. Sounds like a match-fix. Not much fun eh?

I guess it happens when there is a tie and then a settlement off the ring has happened. Spectators are usually left with watching a boring and disheartening fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Sounds like a match-fix. Not much fun eh?

I guess it happens when there is a tie and then a settlement off the ring has happened. Spectators are usually left with watching a boring and disheartening fight.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: A rematch is usually just a hype

It's not just the re-match though that is surrounded by hype, and these days most fights wouldn't happen without the hype and the trash-talking that goes on. Here in the UK we recently had a fight between David Haye and Tony Bellew and it got out of hand. Both boxers said they wasn't just going to win but try and end their careers an put them in hospital and a lot of people (including myself) think they both overstepped the line.

Before any fight, re-match or not, we expect a certain amount of hype but when it comes to them talking about crippling each other and hoping one never walks again never mind fight, then things have got too far.

collapse Posting Permissions