• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Haye VS Bellew

P

pwarbi

Here in the UK we recently had a fight between David Haye and Tony Bellew, and while the fight wasn't for a title, it certainly generated a lot of publicity due to the fact that the two fighters hated each other. As I mentioned on another thread these two boxers were saying they was going to try and put the other one in hospital and there was genuine animosity there.

The fight itself though was a bit of a joke as Bellew broke his hand in the first couple of rounds and Haye ruptured his Achilles, so we basically had a one armed fighter against a legged one for around 11 rounds before Haye's corner finally threw the towel in. The fight WAS a spectacle but mostly for the wrong reasons and it made me think of other so called 'major' fights that had been a let down. Mayweather was involved in quite a few of them due to his defensive style of boxing, and I just wondered if anyone else can name a few fights that they had been looking forward to and it ended up being a let down.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometimes a hyped fight can end in a disaster like that much touted Haye vs Bellew fight. And there are times that people suspect that the fight is fixed. In another thread, I had posted about the MMA fight of UFC lightweight champion Tyrone Woodley against challenger Stephen Thompson. Since UFC fights are known to be explosive, this rematch was expected to be like their first fight. But the expected did not happen. It was a lackluster fight that showed the fear of the fighters for each other. Anyway, that boring fight of Haye and Bellew was due to injuries which was a coincidence for both fighters to suffer limb injuries. I’m sorry to say but one thing is sure, their careers will fade with that kind of fight.

P

pwarbi

It certainly won't help Haye because it's not the first time he has suffered inside and outside of the ring with injuries that have spoiled a fight. He's pulled out of fights at the last minute a number of times due to a suspected injury, and it now seems that the achilles injury he suffered in the fight, was a problem before he stepped in the ring but he never said anything. Looking back at the fight the way he was moving didn't look right, and when the achilles did eventually go altogether he bravely fought on, something that a lot of other fighters wouldn't do but it did make a mockery of the fight.

One fighter couldn't punch and the other couldn't move, and for a fight that was put on Pay-per-view and promoters charging £80+ for a ticket, it has left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth and left fight fans feeling out of pocket.