• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No fight, no training

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is it true that when a fighter has no upcoming fight, he will not train? This is the topic in one talk show the other night. I wonder how the body of the fighter could adjust to the training when he came from a vacation. Maybe it will be painful to start training.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back in the day, most Fighters didn't Train much In-between Fights.

But I think that has changed among most of the Top Trainers.

You need to stay in some type of shape these days.

Cause if you are completely Out of Shape ~ 12 Weeks isn't long to get back in Top Fighting Form.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think along with rest the body does need some resistance to remain in shape and strength. So depending on your goal, some form of exercise is definitely advocated.

P

pwarbi

In-between fights I've usually found that most boxers will keep fit and look after their bodies but not train as such, but that's only started to happen recently. These days more and more boxers are benefiting from staying in shape even though they may not have a fight scheduled. In the past they tended to only train and stay in shape from when the fight was announced, and one boxer that was famous for this was Ricky Hatton. He never had any problems getting in shape and making the right weight for his fights, but as soon as they was over he piled on the weight and lived pretty much off pints of Guinness and fast food.

If you do that then I think eventually it's going to take it's toll on the body, so now it's much better to stay fit and healthy and then when your training camp for the next fight starts, it's not so much of a shock to the system.