Good food during training
Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good food during training

I have read the anecdote of Flash Elorde, one of the Philippine’s greatest boxers who was a long time champion in the junior lightweight division during the 1960s. During his training for a fight, he was eating dried fish with rice but more often boiled corn. When he began winning fights and getting a higher purse, his food improved to chicken and beef. He said that without good food (particularly meat) an athlete has the disadvantage of lacking in nutrients. It is good if the athlete has the inherent strength but for ordinary athletes, they need nutrients particularly protein that is supplied by meat.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Good food during training

You are right in that meat offers most proteins and that too which is the single.most essential requirement for a body builder.

You may still build a body and win fights as a vegetarian provided you know the right sources for proteins and use some supplements.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation Kakashi2020's Avatar
    Height
    5'9-1/2"
    Weight
    187lbs
    Biceps

Chest

Waist

In sports specifically Boxing, a boxer needs to build up muscles and power as well as endurance and speed, to accomplish this your body needs bulk and energy to fuel it. And the best way to build muscles is by eating a lot of protein rich food like eggs, dairy and meat products. This would give the boxer muscle bulk and the energy he needs in training.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation to7update's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Each body requires a different diet, but I believe that unprocessed foods have to be the most healthy ones.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I am no athlete nor a boxer, but I believe that eating two boiled eggs boost my endurance and alertness in certain situations wherein I don't have time to cook a full meal. I remember way back in college if ever don't have enough time to take lunch, what I do is I buy boiled eggs from the cafeteria, and it does get me through the day. Aside from it being protein-rich, it is cheap so you don't have to spend a lot to supplement the energy you might require for the day.

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Good food for boxer's they say would be white meat, because it does not take your body so long to digest it- chicken, turkey and fish are some good examples. Some other good sources of protein besides meat, would be eggs, tuna, peanut butter and milk -and try to eat some fruits and vegetables as well.

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation NoviceNinja's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Include a healthy dose of fruits and vegetables too. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals which is a requirement for a healthy body.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Powerlifting, Weight Training
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

collapse Posting Permissions