• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MMA has many ways of ending the fight

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Compared to boxing, MMA has more ways of ending the fight. It also has the usual KO where a fighter cannot fight anymore. Another ending is the tapout submission which means the fighter has surrendered. This tapout usually happens when the fighter is being choked or his limb is being twisted. Like boxing, MMA has a referee stoppage as well when a fighter couldn’t defend himself from the assault of his opponent. But the most compelling reason to end the fight is injury. There are so many MMA fighter with a broken nose, broken leg, fractured hand and the broken skull sometimes. This brutality in MMA is what makes it exciting to watch.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MMA is a far more violent sport than boxing I believe, precisely because almost anything goes. When you say that injury is a common cause for ending an MMA fight, it's pretty much all said.

P

pwarbi

MMA does tend to be more violent, but personally I still prefer to watch boxing over UFC any day of the week. I just feel that boxing is a more skillful sport, and while I know that a lot of people won't agree with me, MMA for me is just a street brawl but in a cage. That is of course what makes it popular like others have said, but I think if I want to watch a combat sport then I'd choose boxing if I could pick between the two.

I am of course slightly biased though as I used to box myself and even though I have attended a few MMA events, I can't get that same buzz as what I do when going to a boxing event. Each to their own I guess though, and we all prefer different things I guess.

P

Pharmacom

MMA for beasts

johnjohn

johnjohn

I always was a huge boxing fan. The days of Evander holifield, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis was my all time heavy weight fighter. Seems like boxing was promoted heavily back then. I very seldom see any promoting boxing unless it's manni or mayweather. I couldn't even tell you who the heavyweight champion is now. Seems like it was one of the klitchco brothers that was champ for a long time.

P

pwarbi

There's no doubt that boxing as a sport is going through a bit of a low period, and the days of the truly great fights that captured the public's imagination seems to be over for now, but it is still more popular than I think some people think. There might not be the names such as Mayweather, Benn, Hatton, Holyfield ot Tyson to look forward to, but there is now a new crop of boxers coming through that look like they could be special.

Anthony Joshua is a British heavyweight that people expect to dominate in the coming years, and in other wight classes there are boxers rising through the rankings that could emulate what the starts of the past have done. MMA as certainly took some of the spotlight off boxing, but the promoters and the governing bodies haven't helped the situation either with a lot of squabbling going on. Cut that out, get boxing back on TV so more people can watch it and bring the ticket prices down for the local events and I still do think that boxing as a very healthy future.