• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How do I stop notifications to my email??

johnjohn

johnjohn

I've gone to my settings and turned off every platform possible but still get notifications from threads and pms. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
If u didn't figure out your issue. Let me first ask u this
Or u on full version thru Google?
Or u on your mobile device I figure prolly so.
Go to your email that u signed up with and turn off synce.
U can always turn it back on.
Once this is done u will not even know if u have an email unless u check your email!
If using Tapatalk u can do above and still get only Tapatalk notifications and pm. And u will get half notifications instead of double like with forums.
If u wanna disabled them on Tapatalk then u go to settings and do so or which ones u want.
If u need certain emails notifications like your bank important things use another email provider for personal life type stuff and keep that one synced.

Good luck. Let me know if u got it bro.

johnjohn

johnjohn

If u didn't figure out your issue. Let me first ask u this
Or u on full version thru Google?
Or u on your mobile device I figure prolly so.
Go to your email that u signed up with and turn off synce.
U can always turn it back on.
Once this is done u will not even know if u have an email unless u check your email!
If using Tapatalk u can do above and still get only Tapatalk notifications and pm. And u will get half notifications instead of double like with forums.
If u wanna disabled them on Tapatalk then u go to settings and do so or which ones u want.
If u need certain emails notifications like your bank important things use another email provider for personal life type stuff and keep that one synced.

Good luck. Let me know if u got it bro.
Appreciate it I will give that a try

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I've gone to my settings and turned off every platform possible but still get notifications from threads and pms. Any info would be greatly appreciated
I'll check this is you want but to unsubscribe from threads you just have to look for your subscription settings in your user CP.

P

Pharmacom

UserCP -> Subscription , Select all and delete it on the bottov of page

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
johnjohn, I will have to do the same I am now getting them too.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
They are there to let you know when someone replies to you or a thread you posted in.

I can change it so maybe it will send a single email each day with all of it in that one email. Would you guys like that more?

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
If you guys have issues try to post in the feedback forum. Will help us see them faster.

johnjohn

johnjohn

They are there to let you know when someone replies to you or a thread you posted in.

I can change it so maybe it will send a single email each day with all of it in that one email. Would you guys like that more?
I would personally because I use my email for members to message me and personal use. It gets to be a little much to delete every day. My tapatalk alerts me when ever someone quotes me or sends me a pm

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff

I would personally because I use my email for members to message me and personal use. It gets to be a little much to delete every day. My tapatalk alerts me when ever someone quotes me or sends me a pm
Ok bro, I'll try the change today and will see how everyone reacts. :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor

I do the same with Tapatalk I have it set on there all notifications.
I went ahead and changed my settings here on full version thru Google in user cp. For whatever reason it had just started doing it after my post.
I still come into full version prolly daily because Tapatalk limits what I can do or see but I use Tapatalk for on the go quick response and notifications!

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
I think the reason is because many of our emails were going to spam.

We recently redid or smpt server and I believe email is getting through.

I just changed the setting though so it should change for you soon.

Thanks

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I think it's good like it is and very nice for those who don't use Tapatalk. It just is too much from both. Lol!
But as I said before having an email seperate from our primary email is a simple click to turn off there and just view it when needed.
I wasn't aware that I would get notifications also thru user cp settings but I got it now fixed. Thanks very nice feature it's that I use Tapatalk feature because I follow other forums too and members.
But as said before I still come to full version!
I will notice how it works after adjusting settings and be sure Tapatalk still notifies me! This is a very nice forum!!

johnjohn

johnjohn

Yea I wouldn't have any issues with it but just me being a Rep on 5 forums I get a lot of emails from members. It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the amount of emails helping brother's out.

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
Yea I wouldn't have any issues with it but just me being a Rep on 5 forums I get a lot of emails from members. It wouldn't be a big deal if it wasn't for the amount of emails helping brother's out.
That still is tough. For back and forth chat I like wickr because it's easy more like a text message. But the incriptions
Can make it have issues when in a weak data signal area!

johnjohn

johnjohn

That still is tough. For back and forth chat I like wickr because it's easy more like a text message. But the incriptions
Yea I use wiker most of the time. Some guys don't and prefer old school lolz. Half the time wiker doesn't work if I'm using my vpn.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea I use wiker most of the time. Some guys don't and prefer old school lolz. Half the time wiker doesn't work if I'm using my vpn.
Its also faster on tapatalk, versus wckr.
But I float between here and the forums.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I tried it but kills battery.

I like the emails from here to keep me in the loop.

johnjohn

johnjohn

I ran that contest here last week 3 guesses per person per day for a week. And my emails were notified every time someone commented. So basically I had 30 to 40 from just that 1 contest per day not counting every time someone starts a new thread or comments on a old thread. It's miserable for a Rep

Muscle mechanic

Muscle mechanic

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sponsor
I ran that contest here last week 3 guesses per person per day for a week. And my emails were notified every time someone commented. So basically I had 30 to 40 from just that 1 contest per day not counting every time someone starts a new thread or comments on a old thread. It's miserable for a Rep
I do rep stuff too at other places.
I do like I stated. I turn notification off on email except for person settings for personal email.
Forum emails I have notifications off.
U can always open another email to use for forums and keep notications off. Use Tapatalk to notify comments.
Use other email for personal things bills etc etc that is what I do. U can still check emails when u want they will be there when u check notications of free not!
Also I this thread it tells u how to adjust for this site especially VIP members need to set correctly