• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Crolla VS Linares

P

pwarbi

At the weekend just gone, Crolla fought Linares in Manchester in what was a rematch, and while Crolla did fight well (and probably about as good as he can), he was convincingly beaten and I was just wondering what everyone's opinion was regarding Linares and where Crolla can now go from here.

Linares showed that he is a very classy boxer but yet he doesn't seem to get the big fights that he deserves. He as flown under the radar somewhat and only now is being looked at as one of the best around at that weight at the moment. Does his latest victory propel him into superstar status? As for Crolla he said himself that he is thinking about his future and as of yet hasn't decided to box on or not.

Is this the last we have seen of Crolla?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I did not see the fight but based on your observation that Crolla was soundly beaten by Linares then I guess it is time for him to think well about his career plans. An aging fighter should not pursue more fights particularly if he had lost a fight to mere contenders. However, if he had good reason for the loss then maybe he can continue fighting. There was a time when Manny Pacquiao lost a fight due to wearing new socks that made his feet uncomfortable. That was good enough reason so on his next fight, he showed that he still has it... until he became champion.

P

pwarbi

I think you are right and he may decide to quit the sport now as he isn't getting any younger, but personally if I was him I'd probably quit because there isn't really anywhere for him to go. He's fought and beaten most in his weight class apart from Linares who is and has been for a while the best out there. Even though Crolla as fought before at other weights, he has struggled to make the wight and even though he's won he's not had the same impact so I doubt he would be able to advance much there either before he comes up against a fighter he can't beat.

For me it's just unfortunate for Crolla that his career as been at the same time as Linares, because if it wasn't for him then he would certainly be one of the best Lightweights around at the moment. Maybe he could jump up a weight class again and fight Ricky Burns? I think that's about the only option open to him now unless he does decide to call it a day.