• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

When enough is enough...

P

pwarbi

I recently posted about Anthony Crolla being beaten and him now deciding what his future is, and if he should continue boxing. I think many boxers after being beaten will think long and hard about if they want to carry on but that's juts their pride that's been hurt and eventually they do get back in the ring. When does a boxer think enough is enough though?

Nobody can obviously fight forever but a lot of boxers want to carry on fighting as long as they can, and not just for the money but because they actually love the sport itself. When the time does come to retire it's often a hard decision to make so if you was a boxer, what would be the deciding factor for you to finally call it a day and hang up your gloves?

P

Pharmacom

If you really love something, you will do it until the very end

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, people might love boxing, but the next beating can be fatal or leave permanent marks, so from a certain point on we just need to think about the future.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This reminds me of Luisito Espinosa, a former world champion in the featherweight (not sure) division. When he lost his belt, it seemed that he had also lost his money such that he was forced to fight again for his livelihood. He went to the US for a bigger purse but not in the big league anymore. There came a time when promoters wouldn't get him anymore because of his health. It was a pathetic situation.

P

pwarbi

Age IS one factor that I think can stop a fighter from getting in the ring again even if they DO want to, and that creeps up on us all. There's no doubt that every time we get in the ring we are risking a serious injury, so even if we love the sport, as we get older we will have a wife and children to think about and sometimes the risks are just too big. A lot of fighters say that they use their families as a motivation to carry on...to earn enough money so they can have a better future but I'm not sure that I follow that line of thinking.

Fair enough, the more fights we have then the more money we earn, but I'm sure that in a lot of cases the family would rather have you stop boxing and have you at home safe and well then a million dollars in the bank but having to visit your grave every week. It's a sobering thought.