• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pull up for biceps, push up for triceps

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My nephew asked me but I don’t know the truth about this although in my experience, the push up gave me bigger triceps. But for the biceps, what I know is to lift weights. With pull ups, I’m not really sure if that can make the biceps grow bigger. What is your opinion on that? The reason for the pull up is the steel bar that my nephew had installed in his room.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For more Concentration on the Bicep.
You want to do Chin-up's with Palm's Facing you, and keep your Elbow's inline with your Shoulder's.
As apposed to Pull-ups with Palm's Facing away.

And a good exercise for Triceps.
Is the Seated Dip, with your legs up on a chair, if home, or another Bench if at the gym.

Last edited:
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that the biceps are muscles far more worked than the triceps because these last require more demanding movements. We need to exercise them equally, and a trainer can guide us well, even if there is also abundant information on the net.

R

rz3300

Banned
I miss the days when these were the only two, or at least the most popular and all you ever did. Of course things are better now, but there is something to be said about the simplicity of those earlier days.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The backward push will weights in the hands also work for the triceps.

As for the biceps it is either what jp said or the other more commoner weight lifts with steady elbow.

P

Pharmacom

If u do chinUps with big weight and many times u also have big biceps, so, do more chinUps

THE-REAPER

THE-REAPER

Weighted dips does wonders on full upper body strength... I like to do dips with at least 90#s or more added to my belt...

R

remnant

Banned
With the right mental attitude, pull ups and pushups will apply to both categories of muscles only that there are other exercises that one can perform to tone the muscles. I have adopted walking as the compromise exercise since its stress free and rhythmic.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pullups done with both hands in an overhand grip, and slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, prove to be good for the lats but not so good for the biceps. The underhand kind of pullup is a good back builder and also good for the bicep as well - so the technique you use is important.