• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MMA ruins ears while boxers have damaged noses

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have noticed that MMA fighters have deformed ears while boxers have flat noses as a result of their fighting. It was common for the nose because of the punches that the face of a boxer receives in the lifetime of the boxing career. But with MMA, why are the ears greatly damaged than the nose? Can anyone give a logical explanation on this?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lol @Alexandoy what an observation

I too am aware of the nose logic but was unaware that ears were the targets in MMA. Deformed ears meaning ear bites? The only person after Iddi Amin that I know of who had affinity for ears was Mike Tyson.

P

Pharmacom

As in MMA in addition to direct attacks there is a struggle. The head and ears are directly affected during combat

P

pwarbi

To be honest I hadn't noticed that either! I can only suggest (and it's a complete guess by the way), that with boxing the attacks are to the face and body of the opponent so the nose (and eye and rib) areas are going to be affected the most whereas with MMA the attacks can be anywhere on the body including around the side of the head. The ears are a weak point of the body anyway so any impact on them is going to show.

When you look at rugby players, a lot of them have so called cauliflower ears, and that's mainly because of the impact they get in tackles and in scrums and basically because that is a fragile area of the body anyway so is prone to be damaged more than other parts. Like I said though, that is just a guess!