• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is Wrestlemania Losing It's Appeal?

P

pwarbi

In the past couple of days, Wrestlemania took place to it's usual fanfare and hype, but over here in the UK especially, there doesn't seem to have been that much written about it. For fans of WWE it is, or should I say was...one of the biggest dates in the calender year but now it seems as if people aren't as hyped as they used to be, so is Wrestlemania finally starting to lose it's appeal?

In the latest one, The Undertaker suffered another loss and looked like he retired from the sport for a final time, so in effect it should have been one of the most talked about events in wrestling but it's hardly been mentioned. If Wrestlemania ceases to be popular, then is that a sign that WWE and wrestling itself are starting to be on the decline?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pardon me if I am wrong on my opinion but there was a time when wrestling was on a decline. In the 1960s when I was in grade school, I was a great fan of wrestling. As I had posted in another thread, I was willing to miss my meal just to watch wrestling on our neighbor’s tv (we had none in those days). But when I got into college (some 10 years after), there was no more wrestling on tv. Presumably it was due to lack of sponsors.

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It just isn't the same..

P

Pharmacom

Nothing is eternal

P

pwarbi

I agree that nothing can go on forever, but when you look at sporting events such as the Superbowl, FA cup final, and The Masters, these are huge sporting occasions that have stood the test of time and will keep going forever probably, and with Wrestlemania I think that was the WWE's major event that they also would see stand the test of time but it simply hasn't happened I don't think.

Now I know that football, soccer and golf have been going a lot longer than WWE and they are more established, but wrestling and the WWE itself have been going long enough now to have some sort of faithful following...unfortunately it seems though that faithful following have fallen out of love with Wrestlemania, so is that the start of the total decline? If a wrestling fan can't get excited about the biggest night of the wrestling calender, then I think for the WWE then they should start to worry.

R

rz3300

Banned
I think the fact that it is still on might be a testament to the fans out there. These days shows and things like that do not really tend to last that long, and here we are and it is still going strong, so that is a good way to see it maybe.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Never, how can one think or say that the most watched WWE pay per view is losing its appeal? Even though it's obvious that one of the greatest performers in the WWE roaster being the Undertaker is no longer going to be featuring in wrestlemania, it's still a heated event.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wrestlemania comes up with some good matches, and this year it may with the women, with Becky Lynch and Rhonda Rousey going at it as a main event they say. These two are kind of a dream match for WWE fans and they are really pushing this feud, because they both have some big personalities.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wrestlemania comes up with some good matches, and this year it may with the women, with Becky Lynch and Rhonda Rousey going at it as a main event they say. These two are kind of a dream match for WWE fans and they are really pushing this feud, because they both have some big personalities.

The WWE raw women title match will now be defended in a triple threat match between Rousey, Becky and Miss flair. I simply can't wait to see who wins the title in a heated bad blood between all 3 women.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of young people are still keeping up with Wrestlemania. I always here kids on my block talking about it, so I wouldn't say it is loosing appeal.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff