Climbing stairs
Your first visit?
Register

Thread: Climbing stairs

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Climbing stairs

This is one good exercise that I saw when I was younger. This guy is a high jumper in basketball. Standing at 5 feet 2 inches only but he could beat much taller players in rebounding and even blocking with the aid of his exceptional leaping. When he revealed his secret to me, I couldn’t believe it. He would be climbing the stairs of their house as an exercise. And to make it more effective, he would be carrying a backpack filled with heavy books. I had tried that climbing of the stairs but I was afraid that I would miss a step and figure in an accident. But I think it is an effective way of giving your legs the oomph to leap high.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Climbing stairs

I agree that climbing stairs that too with a load is an awesome exercise for the calf muscles. Infact I used to stand on the edge and lift myself up with the toes to get the calf some exercise. This had helped a lot while climbing a mountain.

These kinds of simple exercises prevent muscle cramps too.

Banned bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I have undergone such exercises now for quite some time going as far as working in a construction site to lift stones and transport them to the top floors for a pay. With time, it becomes easier as the muscles adjust accordingly. Additionally, its best to do this on a continuous basis with one day gaps at most for maximum results. However, I find it hard to use stairs when a lift is available, ha!

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation Folk Artist's Avatar
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

I could really get into this exercise, indoors or outside, I should find some bleachers at the local ballpark to run up - this could be a really good way to build up your leg power as well. Running stairs strengthens and tones leg muscles, this keeps your leg arteries flexible, allowing the blood to move more easily. Better blood flow in the legs means a healthier heart.

Member bodybuilding reputation
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, stairs running strengthens the calves muscle and this muscle area helps in jumping higher. Plus, running in your tiptoes can increase the calves muscle strength more. This kind of exercise is really helpful to basketball, volleyball, and football players.

collapse Posting Permissions