• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Is it okay to take all my proteins at once?

P

ptahm22

I usually eat my protein before my workout, which I eat around 500-600grams of chicken. Should I spread it out, or is this fine?

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think spreading out would be a wise choice. As eating in bulk will only result in wastage. The body absorba whatever it requires , the remaining being a waste product as per my understanding. I stand to be corrected.

Eating in smaller quantities ensures maximum absorption.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, pretty much like @decentlady says, and like everything else in life, we need to space it, and take it in a balanced way when we need it. What's the point in taking it all at once?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t know if protein is like Vitamin C but I guess we can consider it the same. With Vitamin C, you take more than what you need and it’s just fine although the extra Vitamin C will just go to waste. If that is the same with protein then I guess it is better to regulate the volume of protein that you eat. I believe that moderation is the key to life so eat moderately, short of saying spread it out instead of finishing it all in one sitting.

P

Pharmacom

U should spread , man

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t know if protein is like Vitamin C but I guess we can consider it the same. With Vitamin C, you take more than what you need and it’s just fine although the extra Vitamin C will just go to waste. If that is the same with protein then I guess it is better to regulate the volume of protein that you eat. I believe that moderation is the key to life so eat moderately, short of saying spread it out instead of finishing it all in one sitting.

Yeah, good comparison right here. Eventually it's not that it hurts us, it's just going to waste because the body doesn't has the capacity to absorb more than a certain quantity at the same time.

R

rz3300

Banned
Just following the basic laws and rules of other things I would have to say that it would be better to spread them out, but the more I think about it the more I can see why it would make sense. To be honest I have no idea, but I am interested now.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually eat my protein before my workout, which I eat around 500-600grams of chicken. Should I spread it out, or is this fine?
Your body is only gonna be able to absorb only so much at any one time.
Spread it out throughout the day.

macedog24

macedog24

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
600 grams of chicken equal about
ec511fb925752b529e68b5520c8aaced-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I think eating a lot of protein rich food before a workout is good but eating all your protein at once is not advisable because you would only waste whatever protein that is over your body's absorption level, in this case it's better to spread your protein intake before and after your workout.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Having some Protein with some Slow Digesting Carbs will help you with your Workout ~ 1 to 1 1/2 Hours Preworkout.

Then I always like to have some Protien and Fast Digesting Carbs after a Workout.
To Shuttle Nutrients into the Muscles.

There is such a thing as Too Much Protein, so if you tried to eat your entire Daily Allowance of Protein at one time.
Say 150 Grams or more, your body wouldn't be able to Digest it thoroughly, even if you took Digestive Enzymes.
That's if you could Eat all of that in 1 Sitting.

Spacing your Protein out is the Proper way to go about Feeding your Body.
Liken it to a Car with a 20 Gallon Gas Tank, now you are going to try and put in 40 Gallons.
Bad Move...…………………………….. JP