• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which weights are equal to real life strength?

P

ptahm22

NFL have bench press in their combines to test players strength and muscle endurance but I think there are better lifts than benchpress which can translate more gym strength in real life strength

Which lift do you think can turn more gym strength in real life strength?

R

rz3300

Banned
I am not really sure that you will find anything that is really comparable, but maybe just getting creative with the free weights from time to time would be enough to do the trick.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bench press puts great pressure on the upper body so naybe that is the rationale for the test of strength. NFL players need strength in their upper body so weight on the arms is translated to the body particularly to the shoulders. I think Bench press is a good benchmark of strength for NFL purposes.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think shoulder press, upright row & deadlift would be 3. So many jobs out there require people to lift from the ground, to the chest or midsection & a lot of times over their head

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would say that these NFL players use a lot of weight training exercises in their training, instead of just one exercise. Some great exercises would be box jumps, front squats, kettlebell lunges, bench press work, Romanian deadlifts, Dumbbell situps, and lots of speed training as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
When you jump into NFL, you are definitely going to be needing a big bump in in arms as well as your feet in order to have a good chance of adapting to the physical requirements of the sports.