Your first visit?
Register

Mecca V.I.P. bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation Alexandoy's Avatar
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Wrong referee decision

In the recent loss of Chris Weidman in his comeback fight against Gerard Mousasi, the stoppage was caused by a wrong decision of the referee. Weidman, the former UFC middleweight champion, had both hands on the mat when Mousasi hit him with a knee. The referee stopped the fight to give the aggrieved Weidman the allowed 5-minute rest due to the illegal hit. But the jury checked the replay of the video and it appeared that the knee was legal. That resulted in the fight to be declared a knockout for Mousasi. It was very disappointing not only for Weidman but also for his fans.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      musclemecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Supplements, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical, Competition
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Wrong referee decision

It's bad when, for someone else's wrong decisions, you deprive yourself of something in life

Mecca Maniac bodybuilding reputation
    Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Wrong referee decision

Mistakes by referees can happen in any sport though, and when we look at how many fights there are around the world I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more. The referees DO have a hard job though, and not only do they have to judge the fight fairly and make sure the fighters are sticking to the rules, they also have to keep an eye on the welfare of the fighters as well.

Over the course of a fighters career, I think he is bound to be on the end of some harsh decisions but having said that, he will also benefit from a few also, so they do tend to even themselves out I think in the long run.

collapse Posting Permissions