• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Wrong referee decision

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the recent loss of Chris Weidman in his comeback fight against Gerard Mousasi, the stoppage was caused by a wrong decision of the referee. Weidman, the former UFC middleweight champion, had both hands on the mat when Mousasi hit him with a knee. The referee stopped the fight to give the aggrieved Weidman the allowed 5-minute rest due to the illegal hit. But the jury checked the replay of the video and it appeared that the knee was legal. That resulted in the fight to be declared a knockout for Mousasi. It was very disappointing not only for Weidman but also for his fans.

P

Pharmacom

It's bad when, for someone else's wrong decisions, you deprive yourself of something in life

P

pwarbi

Mistakes by referees can happen in any sport though, and when we look at how many fights there are around the world I'm surprised that there isn't a lot more. The referees DO have a hard job though, and not only do they have to judge the fight fairly and make sure the fighters are sticking to the rules, they also have to keep an eye on the welfare of the fighters as well.

Over the course of a fighters career, I think he is bound to be on the end of some harsh decisions but having said that, he will also benefit from a few also, so they do tend to even themselves out I think in the long run.