• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MMA heavyweight fights are not that exciting

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you have seen the most recent fight in the UFC light heavyweight division, it pales in comparison with the co-main event which was a middleweight fight. Daniel Cormier against challenger Anthony Johnson did not show much fighting because the champion took to grappling all the time. And maybe out of frustration, Johnson did some grappling too until he was caught in a rear-naked choke that caused him the fight. In the co-main event, Chris Weidman and Gerard Mousasi had more boxing which gave the audience more excitement. I had also seen the heavyweight championship of the UFC some months before when Stipe Miocic retained his belt against Alistair Overeem who kept on evading the attacks of Miocic. And just like the light heavyweight fight, it’s not exciting at all.

P

pwarbi

If you have seen the most recent fight in the UFC light heavyweight division, it pales in comparison with the co-main event which was a middleweight fight. Daniel Cormier against challenger Anthony Johnson did not show much fighting because the champion took to grappling all the time. And maybe out of frustration, Johnson did some grappling too until he was caught in a rear-naked choke that caused him the fight. In the co-main event, Chris Weidman and Gerard Mousasi had more boxing which gave the audience more excitement. I had also seen the heavyweight championship of the UFC some months before when Stipe Miocic retained his belt against Alistair Overeem who kept on evading the attacks of Miocic. And just like the light heavyweight fight, it’s not exciting at all.

The bigger fighters often put on the weakest shows in my opinion, but that's only true if you like the fast paced style of combat. These days I think we're used to seeing movement and speed, and so when two heavyweights go at it, we just see it as a slugfest.

With heavyweights though, the power that they have can still make for an exciting fight, just in a very different way to what we're used to seeing now.

P

Pharmacom

If you have a large mass, it's hard for you to be fast. That's why I think that their fight is less exciting

P

pwarbi

Like you say, the bigger you are then the harder it's going to be for you to move. Having said that though, look at Anthony Joshua in the boxing ring. He's widely touted as the most exciting heavyweight in the world at the moment and he's not exactly small or slow so it can depend a lot on the style of a fighter more than anything. No matter how big you are, you can still be exciting I think, just for maybe not as long so if you are that size then you are going to have to try and get your opponent out of there in the first few rounds of the fight.