Hi, is this your first visit to MuscleMecca?
Register
  • The Facebook Platform

Can skipping rope cause hernia?

I have seen a post in social media about a warning against skipping rope. The post claims that skipping rope can cause hernia particularly for the middle aged. I wonder if this is true because most athletes I know are using the rope for losing some weight. Skipping rope is one good way of sweating it out in a short period of time for 5 minutes of skipping rope is equivalent to jogging for 3 miles. And about the hernia, that is a good warning if ever that is true.

Similar Bodybuilding Threads:

•   bodybuilding Post Icon
      MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Bodybuilding,
      Diet, Nutrition and Fitness,
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Muscle Building Community

Support MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Forums and Visit Our Muscle Sponsors

Mecca V.I.P.
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Re: Can skipping rope cause hernia?

I have not heard this one before, but just from the sounds of it I guess it makes sense. I would probably want to see a couple of verified sources and things like that before I go cancelling one of the better workout options out there, in my opinion.

I think u can

Well, each person is different, but I don't think that for most people skipping rope causes hernia, I mean, it doesn't involve a big effort. It can happen though of course.

Hernia's are usually caused by a Muscle Weakness of the Abdominal Wall and then putting Strain on it.

So if you are Prone to a Hernia, then any type of Exertion could be the So-Called, "Straw that Broke the Camels Back".

Or in this case, caused your Hernia.

If your Abdominal Wall is weak, you could cause a Hernia by Straining Too Hard to go to the Bathroom.

If you perform exercises to make the hernia dry, do gymnastics, etc. Then you can do a lot of things, including squats and deadlift

Mecca Maniac
    Height

Weight

Biceps

Chest

Waist

Well, it depends on the level of one's exposure to various exercises. Sports health professionals recommend that one exposes themselves gradually to more vigorous exercise regimes in order to tone the body. We used to skip in our childhood without major problems and that made the difference.

Last edited by TalkAdmin; 05-05-2017 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1234 View Post
    Hernia's are usually caused by a Muscle Weakness of the Abdominal Wall and then putting Strain on it.

So if you are Prone to a Hernia, then any type of Exertion could be the So-Called, "Straw that Broke the Camels Back".

Or in this case, caused your Hernia.

If your Abdominal Wall is weak, you could cause a Hernia by Straining Too Hard to go to the Bathroom.
    I agree with this post. If you have a weakness or gap in your muscles of abdominal wall, then any strain that increases abdominal pressure can lead to frank herniation.

• MuscleMecca Sponsors

MuscleMecca Bodybuilding advertising
      MuscleMecca.com
      Your Muscle Building,
      Power Lifting, Weight Training
      Steroids, Testosterone and Bodybuilding Chemical,
      Bodybuilding Forum

We stand behind our bodybuilding products and assure QUALITY

collapse Posting Permissions