• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Desired food after a workout

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I usually crave for food and drinks when I do a serious workout. I remember wishing roasted pig one time that after my workout, I went straight home and brought my family to a restaurant that serves roasted pig. And when I start to sweat, the image of Coke in the red can is plastered on my mind although sometimes it is orange juice. But lately, when I do my basic workout in the morning, I crave for a rice breakfast, that’s fried rice with tomato and salted egg plus fried dried fish and sometimes it is the native sausage.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Alexandoy are you serious lol I meant about the workout? If you are looking to build up some muscles then I think it is pretty okay to stuff up post exercises.

Incase you want to lean out though, I don't think this sort of calories packed regimen can help you shed or remain in shape.

P

Pharmacom

What you should eat depends on what result you work for now. If on mass, so u should eat more carbs, if muscles , so try to eat more protein and less carbs

R

rz3300

Banned
Well like most everyone else I really try to get some good protein in and usually nothing that would make me too full. The last thing I want is a full feeling after a good workout which would make me just sit down and let it all go to waste.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well like most everyone else I really try to get some good protein in and usually nothing that would make me too full. The last thing I want is a full feeling after a good workout which would make me just sit down and let it all go to waste.

Are you saying that you shouldn't sit after a workout? Does it hamper your metabolism? After food the blood pools towards the stomach for the digestion and any vigorous activity may hamper the digestion. In this light, how do you advise post meal activity levels?

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that what he meant @decentlady, is that after working out we should not eat heavy foods or too much that cause us to feel sleepy. We should eat something adequate to complement the exercise we just did, as workout and nutrition go hand in hand.

vera wu

vera wu

It's better to rest for a while after the strenuous exercise, suddenly eat a lot of high-calorie supplement may give the stomach a lot of burden

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think that what he meant @decentlady, is that after working out we should not eat heavy foods or too much that cause us to feel sleepy. We should eat something adequate to complement the exercise we just did, as workout and nutrition go hand in hand.

Thank you for the elaboration. I agree with you that nutrition and workout go hand in hand. Yes, light food may keep you active and so help in burning more calories as you might do something rather than sleeping.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I crave pancakes and result is a failure, lol.
But, as I can eat at most two I don't think it is influencing my plan.

Mountain-Man

Mountain-Man

I hate eating after a work out I'll have a isolate shake then 30-45 min later fish or chicken with rice

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Does Whey protein hurt anyone's stomach? I cannot do but 1 scoop or it kills me.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Does Whey protein hurt anyone's stomach? I cannot do but 1 scoop or it kills me.

I don't have any problems with my stomach, besides it is demanding... but you maybe have this sort of a difficulties because you are either sensitive or even allergic.
It is possible.
Check out if there is some sort of intolerance to it.

Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Could be as this is the only type of protein that bothers me. If I only do one scoop it is not bad, but if I go for 2 it feels like I have a brick in my belly. yuck

Punk

Punk

Better not to eat after workout,drink a prot(better isolate) and have a meal 40 mins after.

V

vinisouz

It is perfectly normal to desire food after a good time of training. After so much struggle, our body needs a big amount of energy. It is important to have a healthy diet to assure which be good for our body and increase in the future our training.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can drink protein shakes post workout, but it tends to screw with my appetite for about an 1& a half afterwards. Because of my work schedule, this does not workout for me. I take my protein shakes in the morning & at night. I generally wait about an hour after my workout & eat a good size meal. Usually take some digestive enzymes aling with it. Desire means what ya want & I want lots of salty foods after my workout! Lol what I TRY to stick to eating is chicken or lean beef along with whole wheat bread, but I will eat whatever I get my hands on, if I'm in a hurry. I eat eggs later becuase they digest a little slower & not best for post workout.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I will stick to the big fat cheeseburger, because I literary see no difference when I eat healthy or whatever is suggested. My friends are amazed with my metabolism but I am just plain terrible with reshaping my body.

ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll take the burger but only on a cheat day.

preacherbob50

preacherbob50

Nope. I won't eat (as in "chew") anything for a couple hours after my workouts. I have a good shake before, water with BCAA's during, and my own witches brew within 15 to 20 minutes afterward. I don't want my blood doing anything but giving a steady supply of everything my body needs to recover quickly.
Of course, when I do start eating I will consume about 6 small meals between around noon and 10 at night.

-

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

After my gym workout I usually eat something hot and soupy, like some beef noodle soup or rice and any kind of meaty soup always with some hot chillies. I don't know why but eating hot spicy soups after workout and drinking hot tea takes away the strain and muscle pain that I usually feel after working out.