• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Marathon swim in open sea

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There is this Filipino guy who is getting raves with his marathon swimming. It’s not an ordinary marathon swim because he swims in the open sea. Ingemar Macarine had made a record swim of 24 kilometers in the Dumaguete-Siquijor channel called Tañon Strait. He accomplished the feat in 11 hours. It looks like swimming in the open sea will be popular soon because of Macarine’s feat. But it’s not clear in the reports if Macarine had use a protective net to shield him from risks like the attack of vicious sharks. Nevertheless, that record swim in the open sea is a niche in sports.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depending on where you are swimming.
Getting Stung by Jelly Fish can be a much bigger problem than Sharks.

Diana Nyad ~ the 1st person to Swim the 110 Miles or 180 Km from Cuba to Florida in 2013 without a Shark Cage.
She was 64 years young when she did this
This was her 5th attempt, as those Pesky Jelly Fish prematurely ended a previous attempt.

Charlie

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'll pass. Give me a warm safe pool.