• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best food after a workout

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any food is okay as long as they have nutrients. But after a heavy workout, light eating is advised so the digestive system will not be overworked. Athletes in training usually eat fruits and vegetables after a workout and take the heavier meal of meat for dinner. Meat is not easy to digest so it is not ideal to eat meat for lunch (if the workout is in the mornng). Dietitians say that athletes should give importance to their digestive system especially when they are on training.

P

Pharmacom

Agree with u
Any food is okay as long as they have nutrients. But after a heavy workout, light eating is advised so the digestive system will not be overworked. Athletes in training usually eat fruits and vegetables after a workout and take the heavier meal of meat for dinner. Meat is not easy to digest so it is not ideal to eat meat for lunch (if the workout is in the mornng). Dietitians say that athletes should give importance to their digestive system especially when they are on training.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After a Heavy Workout, I always have some Protein.
Then depending on whether I'm cutting or bulking, this will dictate the appropriate Carbs and Fat.

But the Key here is to always include a "Digestive Enzyme".
Any Dietician worth their Degree should tell you that.
This way you aren't Overtaxing your System.
With the Proper "Multi-Digestive Enzyme", you will get the Nutrients that your Body needs to Recoup and Repair.

I also use Probiotics and Psyllium Husks.
So Adding all 3 to your Diet will ensure that you get the most Nutrients from the Food you eat.
And that your Digestive Tract will remain in good working order.

And again, any Dietician should be telling you the above !

Last edited:
R

remnant

Banned
I suppose that the best food after a workout in my opinion is typically the type of food which is normally contraindicated for health like chips, hamburgers and oily foods followed by a equity deserts. The byline is to indulge. The caveat is not to do this on a daily basis.

N

netsf32

the best food is to carb up right after the gym it will help you feel fuller throughout the day

jolter604

jolter604

Tren lube gives girls ass mass
Sponsor
Interesting gonna try that

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought this dependent on whether you are bulking or cutting.

For those who are into cutting may want to avoid carbs while those into bulking can go ahead and enjoy a carb meal post workout.

P

Pharmacom

For example . Today after training I ate a large steak from beef (400-4500 gr)

R

remnant

Banned
The best food after a workout is in liquid form especially nutrient packed natural and fresh juices. These could be fruit or vegetable juices with some sugar added. Immediately after a rigorous exercise session, a good dose me gluanse is necessary to replenish the musculature.

A

Andro

Banned
I usually eat a form of protein with veggies and sweet potatoes.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

My best post workout food is a meat dish like beef stew and rice or a heavy all meat burger, I like to make a 50/50 beef and pork burger patties at home. Sometimes some grilled honey pork or meatballs and pasta. I choose to eat a lot of meat after a long gym workout to replenish the energies I've spent.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, you really need to replenish your muscles after a good workout and your muscles are partially depleted of glycogen, also some of the proteins in your muscles get broken down as well. You do need to eat some carbs and protein after your workout within 45 minutes to get you back to normal- some good carbs to eat would be potatoes,sweet potatoes,pasta, or some dark, leafy green vegetables. The protein sources could come from eggs,salmon,chicken or a protein bar, also include some fats like avocados,nuts,or some trail mix would be great.