• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Excessive coffee

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coffee has caffeine which makes us alert. Excessive coffee can make us hyper. Maybe that is the reason why some training coaches warn athletes against drinking coffee while on training because it interferes with the natural flow of strength. When the body goes hyper, it is like revving the engine so the fuel is consumed faster. In effect, stamina loses stability.

R

rz3300

Banned
I have tried again and again to cut back, and it is not even the caffeine I don't think but just the taste and the warmth at this point. Either way though it is a tough habit to break but I am still trying.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I Love my Coffee ~ has to be Black ~ No Sugar.

It's how I start my day ~ something about sitting there and contemplating the day ahead.

And I can Literally have some Coffee, even Late at Night, and go right to Sleep without a Problem.

johnjohn

johnjohn

I Love my Coffee ~ has to be Black ~ No Sugar.

It's how I start my day ~ something about sitting there and contemplating the day ahead.

And I can Literally have some Coffee, even Late at Night, and go right to Sleep without a Problem.
I'm with you %100 gotta have the coffee straight up every morning before work. It's just routine now and if I don't get my coffee in me it makes for a shitty day

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nothing like a good cup of coffee to jump start the day haha

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coffee is a drug, but there are worse. I am lucky enough not to like the taste, so I am not a coffee addict, but whenever I have a competition I drink a cup lol, it's my legal doping. :)

P

Pharmacom

Coffee is a power engineer. But like all energies, coffee increases the load on the heart, and you also give yourself a load on the heart during training. This can lead to the fact that you will ruin your heart too soon.

R

remnant

Banned
I rarely take coffee but I have experienced the spike of energy associated with its intake. This is bolstered by the fact that coffee is taken with sugar. However, I find nothing to cause alarm with regard to caffeine addiction as long as you don't take excess sugar which has recently been proven to adversely affect the kidneys.

N

netsf32

it's all about the caffeine and its a stimulant so it must be cycled on and off for it to be effective

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am a social drinker lol for coffee and tea. I drink occasionally but when I do I indulge and its no longer a cup but a mug.

However, I can't be addicted! Caffeine makes your heart beat faster and can be dangerous while doing cardio.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Coffee is a power engineer. But like all energies, coffee increases the load on the heart, and you also give yourself a load on the heart during training. This can lead to the fact that you will ruin your heart too soon.

This is true, but also makes us consume water faster I believe, at least once I had coffee before a match on a really warm day, and I dehydrated way faster. It can go both ways really for me, enhance or decrease how I feel.

gymfun11

gymfun11

Love my coffee without sugar. I figure a cup of Joe is better than alcohol

P

Pharmacom

Its ur choise bro =)

This is true, but also makes us consume water faster I believe, at least once I had coffee before a match on a really warm day, and I dehydrated way faster. It can go both ways really for me, enhance or decrease how I feel.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yep that is true, it's always our choice, and the most important to make informed choices is to know our body well, and how our body will react to different substances, like coffee.

gymfun11

gymfun11

Yep that is true, it's always our choice, and the most important to make informed choices is to know our body well, and how our body will react to different substances, like coffee.
Coffee affects each person differently. I can drink it anytime

R

rz3300

Banned
Well I am actually a little proud of myself this last week because I really did make a conscious effort to have less and did. It does help that my intake usually goes down as the heat goes up, but still, it is progress in my eyes.

J

JoeCoal

I have tried again and again to cut back, and it is not even the caffeine I don't think but just the taste and the warmth at this point. Either way though it is a tough habit to break but I am still trying.

You're right, coffee is very addictive. I don't feel the same unless I have a black coffee first thing in the morning. I try to not drink it after 2pm.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No question that it's addictive, even when we don't drink much. I see it in my wife, that only drinks one per day after lunch. When she doesn't do it, she starts having headaches.

A

Andro

Banned
I used to not drink caffeine at all but after seeing how much better it helps me focus, study and lift I fell in love.

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I used to not drink caffeine at all but after seeing how much better it helps me focus, study and lift I fell in love.

In my opinion coffee does help in preventing Alzheimer's, Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Disease. Also drinking coffee helps in eliminating sore muscles after a workout. I think one of the most important benefits of coffee is that it protects our liver from diseases like cirrhosis. I usually drink 2-3 cups of brewed coffee per day.