• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dumbbells for bigger biceps

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For those who know about biceps and triceps, would you agree that dumbbells can enhance the biceps? I remember this topic in one of my conversation with my late uncle. He used to lift barbells but quit when he developed varicose veins. But to maintain his big biceps, he turned to dumbbells.

R

rz3300

Banned
I have tried to get more and more used to the dumbbells and the fre weight but I still like using the machines when I get the chance. The more I think about it the more I think I go in waves between the two, but maybe not.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes. Maybe not as good as barbell, but they definitely work. I think dumbbell hammer curls are great for hitting the peak of the bicep & I really like doing single arm skull crushers as a super set with them

P

Pharmacom

Training biceps with dumbbells uses muscle stabilizers, and also each hand pulls the same weight. You do not remove the load from a weaker hand. I prefer this kind of training

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of people think that when you lift heavier dumbbells it will build bigger biceps, but that is not the case. You should reduce the weight of the dumbbell and perform slow and controlled reps - this will build muscle faster, because it makes your biceps do all the work.