• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bread and butter

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had read an article that muscled men who fight like gladiators in the olden Europe eat only bread and butter for their sustenance. I wonder what kind of strength they have with that kind of diet. I had been posting in other threads that meat is vital to muscles.

P

Pharmacom

Butter have proteins and fats. Bread its carbs. But if u it just it, I think u should to eat a lot of this

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This combination is rich in.fats and carbs but lack vitamins and minerals. I think they still ate a lot of fruits and drank milk to supplement a balanced diet.

P

Pharmacom

I'm agree with Decenlady. Should be balance

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

I also read that gladiators in the olden days eat a lot of bread and butter. It's because during those days bread is being made of whole grain and this gives muscled fighters protein, fiber, B vitamins and minerals like iron, zinc, copper and magnesium. Whole grain bread are also rich in antioxidants. Whole grain bread promotes heart health and defends our body from cancer and other diseases such as obesity and diabetes.

On the other hand, butter in the olden days are effective muscle builders, it contains calcium and vitamin D, selenium, and it contains healthy saturated fats and linoleic acid which both has potent anti tumor and anti cancer properties. You also have to realize that butter in those times are more natural and healthier unlike the store bought butter we are consuming now.

jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't know where you guys come up with this.
Gladiators didn't eat lots of Bread and Butter.

Gladiators were known as "Hordearii"---Literally Barley Men.

Their Diet was mainly Barley/Beans/and Vegetables.
And for Strong Bones they Drank a Brew of Charred Wood or Bone Ash, both of which are High in Calcium.

Here, read this Article from Archaeology Archive.
It gets into the Specifics about how they Identified the different Isotopes in their Bones.
Which lead to the Determination of what they were eating...……………………………………………. JP

https://archive.archaeology.org/0811/abstracts/gladiator.html