• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Massage is good for the muscles

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am fond of massage and whenever I have the opportunity, I go to the massage parlor for at least an hour and sometimes when there is a discount, I avail of 2 hours of massage. One physical therapist said that an hour of massage is equivalent to 3 hours of sleep. That’s nice to hear. Massage is very relaxing and I tend to have massage when my work schedule on the previous day is hectic especially when I slept late.

P

Pharmacom

I agree, my friend. In addition to the fact that the massage is pleasant, it also helps to remove great tonicity of the muscles

R

remnant

Banned
I have an alternative form of massage which involves using a thin stick or toothbrush to draw incisions on my skin which is quite relaxing especially at pressure points. In my country, massage parlours are expensive to patronise and it pays to learn the techniques online. There was a time, I planned to become a foot masseuse. The activity is quite good after a hard day of manual work.

R

remnant

Banned
You should start with gentle strokes after a severe exercise and then apply firmer and deeper strokes later. Massaging with a soft, warm sponge is the best option, I mean hot compresses. In case of muscle cramps, its prudent to apply a deep heat rubbing tincture.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lifting heavy weights can really take its toll on the body, and getting some massage therapy can really help you with your flexibility. For example researchers found out that 3 minutes of massage therapy can help improve flexibility in tight hamstrings, and the same technique can be used to improve flexibility for other muscles as well. Also massage therapy can help increase circulation and speed recovery.

C

Concentrix

Massage is indeed a good way of getting relaxed from an exhausting work and reduce stress level. Research has shown that massage can lower the heart rate, blood pressure, relax your muscles and increase the production of a pain relieving neurotransmitter, endorphins. And this increased endorphin production is responsible in lowering the stress level.