• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Training at night

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have you heard of a fighter who trains at night? All I know is that fighters train in the early morning and the afternoon until night time is reserved for resting so the muscles can recover from the rigors of training. But come to think of it, almost all fights, be it boxing or mma, are usually held in the evening. That means the fighter’s body would have to adjust with the time of the fight vis-a-vis the time of training. Why don’t fighters just train at night so their conditioning would be synched with the time of the fight?

THE-REAPER

THE-REAPER

Have you heard of a fighter who trains at night? All I know is that fighters train in the early morning and the afternoon until night time is reserved for resting so the muscles can recover from the rigors of training. But come to think of it, almost all fights, be it boxing or mma, are usually held in the evening. That means the fighter’s body would have to adjust with the time of the fight vis-a-vis the time of training. Why don’t fighters just train at night so their conditioning would be synched with the time of the fight?
Doesn't matter when you train as long as you get the rest your Central Nervous System and Body needs...Fighters,bodybuilders, powerlifters,it's all taxing on your CNS and Body...I also have been in boxing since I was 6yrs old am 37 now...I train in Boxing, and Powerlifting everyday...

P

Pharmacom

I think, because in the darkness the increase in the release of melatonin, which our body needs so much, especially the fighters. You can sacrifice this once, but sacrificing all the time - can badly affect your health

THE-REAPER

THE-REAPER

I think, because in the darkness the increase in the release of melatonin, which our body needs so much, especially the fighters. You can sacrifice this once, but sacrificing all the time - can badly affect your health
That is a very valid point you made...I agree in training during the day,just with work sometimes it's impossible to do...

P

Pharmacom

I know ur pain my friend.. me too work a lot , and sometimes I go in the gym at night.. but it's wrong as I say before
That is a very valid point you made...I agree in training during the day,just with work sometimes it's impossible to do...

R

remnant

Banned
I have not heard of fighters win train during the night other than the special forces. It could be a good twist to readjust the bodie's biological clock depending on one's circumstances. However, I would consider that disruptive as the body repairs itself at night when at rest.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One thing about athletes training at night, is that it would be hard to fall asleep at night - but I have read that people who lifted weights in the evening actually had a better quality and duration of sleep, than those who did the same workout in the morning, so maybe you are on to something with the night training thing.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't heard about a fighter who trains in the night but I have seen it in some movies in the past, although I can't really say it's the same thing with one doing it in reality and not in movies.

I'm of the opinion that what matters most should be carrying out one's workout whenever it's convenient for the person in question whether he or she is a fighter or not.

C

Concentrix

I do not think ruining the sleeping schedule will exacerbate the performance of the fighter at night. Fighters will take a few days of resting before the fight, which is enough time for their muscles to recover from their intense workout. And a fighting event do not usually happens at night. It can be done at day time especially if it is a local event.