• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Hand grip exerciser is better than dumbbell

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would you agree that the hand grip exerciser is better than the dumbbell in terms of created energy? The handgrip was supposed to be used while lying face up and both hands, with each holding a hand grip exerciser, are outstretched on top of the head. That position tends to stretch the abdominal muscles and therefore burns fats that produce energy stored in the muscles. However, we understand that the dumbbell is a substitute for the barbell in building up the biceps and triceps.

R

remnant

Banned
I concur that a hand grip exerciser is quite effective. But as the biceps and triceps become stronger, are there different makes to increase training resistance? I tend to exercise without equipment and find pressups useful in this regard.

P

Pharmacom

I like free weight , so I train the abbs separately

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The hand grip exercises are good for sports like climbing and gymnastics, which require you to support your own body weight with your own grip. This hand grip training strengthens your fingers, wrist and forearms as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
They are both good tools for working out but the real thing is that they both serve different purposes. So, you can't replace one for the other. Hand grip gives you a specific result while dumbell gives you another specific result.