• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Short bursts or long spells?

R

remnant

Banned
I find short intense bursts of exercise more effective compared to lengthy spells. The former require strength to accomplish while the latter require stamina. The common denominator is that both need mental resolve.

P

Pharmacom

You can not train all the time the same way, there can be stagnation. And the kind of your training depends on your goal.

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can not train all the time the same way, there can be stagnation. And the kind of your training depends on your goal.

I second that.

Short bursts are good for those trying to pump up an arm or leg or loose that poonch for an upcoming event. Those wishing to metamorphosize into a newer body needs longer periods.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
For me, it is always the long haul that matters because I work out at home for the energy and stamina that it can give me and not really the strength. I think the short bursts would be good for the strength. I had seen a documentary where a boxer was doing that short bursts to fortify his punches. It’s just like comparing a workout with the heavy bag against a workout with the speed ball where the latter is for the speed and the former is for the strength.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I like burst training because you can do it anywhere, and even without leaving home as well - and you can just stay in your bedroom and do this kind of training, if you want. Also burst training is the easiest way to burn fat and lose weight, some good exercises include running in place, jumping jacks, and biking indoors or out.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Which ever that works well for you and your body should be what you must make do with seriously. Human beings are different in so many ways, this is the reason why what works for Mr. A might not be good Mr. B.