• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

How best to start your exercise regime?

R

remnant

Banned
Its prudent to commence each exercise session with a series of warm up exercises. Most people start with jogging sprints especially early in the morning. I believe that pressups are quite good. I am the type that goes straight into the basics without warmups but I start gently then increasing the tempo.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
At my age, it is imperative for me to do the bending and stretching before I indulge in heavier exercises like the push up. One of my friends had a torn quadricep tendon due to lack of warm up. That’s why he is always reminding us to do a good warm up before the exercise proper in order to avoid accidents with the tendons and ligaments

CRobin

CRobin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I always get on the treadmill and put it at full incline and speed walk half a mile in ten minutes. This keeps me loose limber and pumped and ready to lift.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The easiest way, if we don't have experience, is to find a gym where a personal trainer gives us our workout plan. There are quite a few like this, so it's a good help, to have a customized plan.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
With age you can lose flexibility in the joints, something like 50%, so you need to keep your independence as far as your mobility and flexibility goes, when you get older. I would warm up quite a bit, before getting started with your exercise.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No matter what your age is, the best way to kick start your workout is with a little warm up in order to help put your body in a better shape to carry out your drills effectively.