• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Water during exercise

R

remnant

Banned
I find it expedient to keep a glass of water nearby during demanding physical activity which is quite normal. However, I find myself operating beyond my norm when I go for long sessions without water, it line of increases the endurance. What is other's take on this?

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In my years of training and workout when I was young, water is not prohibited but not encouraged either. Our Karate instructor would always tell us that it is okay to drink when we are thirsty due to the physical exertion but we should drink the amount that is just enough to satiate our thirst. Drinking a lot of water would interfere in the workout since the stomach will be heavier and there is that feeling of bloatness.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have never given it much thought, but whenever I workout I have water near me. If it's gym, I don't drink that much, but playing tennis for a couple of hours requires 1.5 liters of water or even more.

R

remnant

Banned
Water is a basic necessity during exercise but its good to be prudent.
Taking too much water will result in osmotic imbalance in the body
which can result in muscle cramps and other problems detrimental to
performance. Thus its wise to drink salted water even he slightly ty
preempt this possibility.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, as you get into intense workouts, you are definitely going to sweat a lot as a result of burning calories. So, it's normal to feel thirsty and drink more water.

I always carry my water bottle to the gym or I purchase from stores around.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should grab and drink some water if you are feeling thirsty, and they say for activities under 60 minutes , a 20-ounce water bottle should do the trick. Remember though, by taking in to much fluid, your body can't get rid of it by sweating or urination. Sodium levels can become dangerously low and cause hyponatremia or water intoxication when this happens. This can cause headaches, vomiting or confusion- extreme cases can even cause death, so be careful drinking to much water.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should grab and drink some water if you are feeling thirsty, and they say for activities under 60 minutes , a 20-ounce water bottle should do the trick. Remember though, by taking in to much fluid, your body can't get rid of it by sweating or urination. Sodium levels can become dangerously low and cause hyponatremia or water intoxication when this happens. This can cause headaches, vomiting or confusion- extreme cases can even cause death, so be careful drinking to much water.

Nobody needs to be told that taking too much water when working out or doing any kind of active exercises is not advisable because the water would interfere with your energy level.

When there is too much water in your stomach, it would keep moving about giving you discomfort when you are working out.