• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Drinking at night and training in the morning

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Would you believe that some athletes are doing this? Yeah, they train in the early morning and they drink at night until midnight. They have the bravado to even say that they are naturally strong so the drinking is not an issue when it comes to fights. One such fighter had lost his world championship belt in boxing because of those drinking sprees at the height of his training period. The champions who held on to their belts for a long time are obviously the disciplined athletes.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Athletes and not only, there are quite a few people who drink at night and the next morning they are up and working out, they say it's the best way to push the alcohol out of the body haha, but sometimes a headache might come along too. :)

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Either drink or train.. can't do both at the same time if your serious.

BigHulk

BigHulk

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
there is articles in here about what alcohol does to muscle.

Big Beef

Big Beef

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think everyone is affected differently doing this. I hate to admit it, but I have done this more times than I can count! It shows a lack of discipline for sure, but you can definitely still build muscle. I did this all through my twenties & was still able to be 220 lbs at 5'8, without gear. Wasn't ripped, but that's still pretty good with no gear.

Obviously, it would be better to not do it at all. I'm just speaking from experience. If you do slip up & do this, lots of water that night with a large meal is the key!

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Exercising with a hangover may sound like a good idea, but it may not be a very good one. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means it causes the body to lose more water, and exercising and sweating can actually cause you to dehydrate even more. If you hydrate enough in the day though, you might be able to work out later in the day - also you might have to much brain fog going on in the day from the side-effects of drinking, and you could even hurt yourself as well.

Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What happens when you fail to workout in the morning after taking much alcohol into your body system at night for one reason or another?

Personally, I wouldn't support such habit as it can hamper your overall health.

C

Concentrix

Drinking one bottle of a beer at night will not harm the performance of the athlete in the morning. It will be a problem when the athlete drinks more than one bottle. It will lead to hangover in the morning and it will truly affect their chance of winning in their game.