• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MR KASHMIR COMPETITION:Former champion alleges cheating, banned for 3 yrs

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
MR KASHMIR COMPETITION:Former champion alleges cheating, banned for 3 yrs

Meanwhile Association has denied the cheating allegations and in turn has leveled charges of misconduct on the bodybuilder.

ABID KHAN
Srinagar, May 20 2017 MR KASHMIR COMPETITION:Former champion alleges cheating, banned for 3 yrs

The recent Mr Kashmir bodybuilding competition has landed into controversy as the former defending champion, Umar Bashir has leveled allegations of cheating on the organizers.

“I have been duped again by the organizers District Body Building Association Srinagar. Last year I fought my way up and emerged winner and no one stood against me to claim favoritism. However, this year again I was favorite as was visible from the crowd reaction as well as the bodybuilding experts. However at the end when the announcement was made I got shocked so was everyone at the Tagore Hall. It seemed that they had already decided the winner,” Umar Bashir said.

“I believe one should check the difference between winner and me through the photographs and videos of the competition. I am mulling legal action against the organizers of the event as I am really dejected and heartbroken with this cheating. If this can happen with me then it can happen with anyone,” he added.

Meanwhile Association has denied the cheating allegations and in turn has leveled charges of misconduct on the bodybuilder.

“These are totally baseless allegations. The person who deserved to win and in the competition no one was our relative or friend. The decision was made by the judges,” said General Secretary District Body Building Association Srinagar, Feroze Shah.

“After the result was declared, Umar Bashir misbehaved with the judges and also damaged the vehicle of the officials. For his misconduct we have banned him for three years and he will not be able to compete at any level for three years,” he added.

Source: http://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/sports/story/249823.html

R

rz3300

Banned
Three year ban seems pretty lengthy, although I really have nothing to base it off of or to compare it to. It makes me wonder what type of comeback this would mean and if something like that has been done before.