• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Heavy kicking in MMA can injure kicker

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I cannot forget the second fight of Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva. In their first fight, Weidman grabbed the UFC middleweight belt from Silva due to the latter’s cocky attitude on the arena. But on their return match, Silva released a hard kick that Weidman parried with his knee. Silva’s leg got broken and it was very clear in the video. That means a kicker should also be careful because he can be the one injured. It seems that lately the fighters who are good kickers have the advantage.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No question, a well blocked kick can cause an injury to the kicker like you well described above. Fighting sports have a lot of strategy behind them, and an attack can be easily counter-attacked.

P

Pharmacom

Conclusion: train your kick =)

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha, it's a fight, so there are unpredictable things that can be trained, but having skilled training partners can certainly help us be better prepared for a fight.