• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Drinking cold water after training can harm your body

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don’t know if this is true, just read it in social media. Drinking cold water after a workout or training can harm your body because the cold water has a negative effect when it goes inside the body. Starting with the throat and then to the stomach, the cold water can destabilize your body temperature that you can be susceptible to fever, colds and even flu. The advice is to drink tepid water which is the ideal temperature of drinking water that your body can easily adapt to.

P

Pharmacom

Me too heard it. Its try

R

rz3300

Banned
I have heard some similar things, but I am still never quite sure how much to buy into information like this. I always like to have the studies and all of that but of course that is not always possible, so I would just say maybe and best you can do is do your homework.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's good to hydrate before, during, and after your workouts, but you should drink room temperature water over cold water, because it is a better way to hydrate. Drinking cold water takes body energy to warm the water, so us humans can absorb it they say.