• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lifting heavy weights not good for fighters

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The fighters being referred to are boxers and MMA fighters. With WWE fighters, it is understandable that they need the bulk so they have to lift heavy weights. But with serious fighters, lifting heavy weights like heavy barbells is not recommended. One boxing trainer said that lifting heavy weights can cause the boxer to be slow in his reaction. I don’t know the truth to this but I still have to see a fighter lifting the heavy barbell for real.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lifting heavyweights can be harmful, especially from a certain age on, and if we are doing squats, that's terrible for the knees!

P

Pharmacom

I think its try

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you just lift heavy weights and that is all you do, it will make you slow - but if you combine speed-strength exercises with your heavy weight training, it can make you quite explosive in the ring.

C

Concentrix

In physics, to increase the speed is to lessen the mass. Being a good fighter requires a faster response in attacking and counter attacking their opponent. The faster the agility the better the performance but it needs some strength to make their opponent go limp or get bruised. And fighting sports does not focus on showing off their big muscles but rather deals in defeating their opponents.

D

Ds3317

This is an old myth. When I met Brian Stan Warrior Legion MMA he told me to lift heavy and do a power lifters routine. Other fighters like Jeff Monson, Frank Mir, Kevin Randalman (rip), Frank and Ken Shamrock and many other top fighters trained with heavy or heavier weights. Your speed and explosiveness comes drills and sparring.
Honestly I didn’t even know people still believed this nonsense.